So many of you have been generous and helped build this site that it is time to do some serious recognition of the people who have made it happen. A volunteer editorial board of members has sent me nominations for the most important people in the community and we are rolling out our first AFI Community Leaders.
These people can be identified by the "Red Dot" insignia on their pictures on the site. This first group have been members here for three years, in fact, Geri Wegner, was member #51, and she is still here explaining the business and shopping at the shows! Way to go, Geri.
One of the editors said:
...let me say that there are several who would be at the top every time. They always respond. They always give their opinion, not always agreeing but that is what makes reading those topics interesting.
And another said she made her choices because she liked, "their insight, conversation starting and willingness to show their vulnerability and strength as artists and businesspeople."
And the Leaders are:
- Larry Berman - joined March 2009 - always ready to answer, teach and learn, over 1600 discussions!
- Barry Bernstein - joined February 2009 - participated in 275 discussions, occasional blogger, our resident curmudgeon
- Geoff Coe - joined July 2009 - excellent reporting skills, over 50 blog posts
- Nels Johnson - joined January 2009 - his writing is one of the reasons to turn on your computer in the morning
- Linnea Lahlum - joined January 2009 - quietly helping and sharing in the discussions. Count on her for thoughtful questions and generous answers, over 400 discussions
- Munks - joined September 2009 - watch out when he shows up, straightforward, honest answers that can make you cry or laugh
- Jim Parker - joined January 2009 - friendly, useful reporting. Makes you want to be next to him at the next art fair; nearly 500 discussions
- Geri Wegner - joined in November 2008 - personally making the rounds of the Florida and Illinois shows and reporting back; probably has more friends in the business than anyone
- Diane Wright - joined July 2009 - practically a one woman welcoming committee on AFI, greeting the newbies and bringing them into the fold; over 400 discussions
Many thanks to all of you for their generosity. May your kindness return to you in the same beautiful way it was offered.
Every month we will be choosing a few people to add to this elite list. I'll be looking for your nominations. We all really appreciate those who contribute to this community and help the rest of us make sense of this peripatetic life. What makes you get up and visit this site? Who do you love?