June 1 & 2, 2024
Lockport, New York
Kenan Center Arena
Saturday & Sunday 10am-5pm
Deadline: February 16, 2024
No application fee/Booth fee $250-$350
The Kenan Center is an indoor sports arena with space for up to 100 vendors. Located in the center of Lockport, NY, visitors come from Niagara County, Buffalo, and Southern Ontario (and beyond). This is a diverse area with a high population of affluence due to the location of the Erie Canal. Kenan's campus is 25-acres with a theatre, art gallery, gardens and green space.
100 American Craftsmen is one of the region's oldest and most revered fine arts festivals. New Executive Director Bill Patti is committed to a revitalization of this historic event with an influx of Kenan resources and campus-wide planning.
• We visited, engaged, and recruited at over a dozen artisan festivals this season.
• We have expanded our marketing budget significantly. Marketing improvements will include an added push to the Buffalo metro area, Southern Ontario, artisan pushes (we will provide regular marketing materials for artisans to share with their mailing lists), and direct mailers through various publications.
• All vendors will be juried craftsmen. We may have a community partner section, but those partners will not sell goods.
• Increased availability of quality food choices.
• New and improved digital footprint – including an upgraded website
• Purchase/Incoming build of AmericanCraftsmenFestival.com will redirect to the informational page.
• Standard booth fees will remain the same; however, upgraded packages will be available for prime locations, increased marketing opportunities, and other options.
• Kenan will include high-art events across campus throughout the weekend, including a gallery exhibit, a jazz concert, and (hopefully) something in our Taylor Theatre.
• Artisans may choose to have their booth outside. Some artists expressed hesitancy in being indoors on the first weekend of Western New York Summer. We think a hybrid event will help to expand interest in the community.
Since its inception in 1970, 100 American Craftsmen has focused exclusively on fine craft art, supporting both established artisans and nurturing new artisans
who combine innovative approaches with traditional crafting techniques.
More info: http://www.kenancenter.org
Contact: Bill Patti firstname.lastname@example.org