Welcome to Art Fair Insiders.
Together we're building a friendly, worldwide community of people involved in the business of art fairs: artists, art fair organizers, and art fair patrons.
In order to encourage community interaction the following guidelines outline how everyone is expected to behave. Abiding by these guidelines will help our community and our individual careers flourish.
Additionally, failure to follow the guidelines below will result in being banned from the network.
1. Be Nice Presume the best, not the worst when others disagree with you. No one is here at Art Fair Insiders by accident - they are just as interested as you are in sharing information. Like email, text-based forum messages lose a lot of the nuance that face-to-face communication provides. So members should be sure to give the "benefit of the doubt" to other's intentions when interacting. No personal attacks and no inappropriate personal or adult topics or behavior, please.
2. Be Generous Share your expertise and others will share with you, too. The collective wisdom in this group is huge. Share your knowledge and you'll soon benefit from returned favors, too. (You'll also see that the most popular member contributors to the community are recognized publicly!)
3. Be Ethical Art Fair Insiders was started to put artists in touch with each other in order to further their professional growth and help them succeed in the art fair business. Anyone taking advantage of the free discourse on the site inappropriately (in our sole judgment) will be banned from the community.
4. Be thoughtful of others in voicing your political and religious beliefs. In general those discussions do not belong on this site.
5. First and last names are required. All need to be responsible for their comments on the site. Anonymous posting is not allowed.
6. No Sales Pitches Please consider this a "Pitch Free Zone" where everyone can have fun together. So please no sales pitches, affiliate links, or blatant self-promotion. If you have a product, service, or event that you would like to promote to the community, please contact us about advertising on the site and in our newsletters.
That's it. The presumption is that everyone here is an adult and will behave like one. (Which also means that this site and all related services are solely for people 18 years and older, please.)
Thanks for joining us.
Thoughts to Live By from Colin Powell
- It isn't as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning.
- Get mad, then get over it.
- It can be done!
- Be careful what you wish for, you may get it!
- Don't let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decision.
- You can't make someone else's choices and you shouldn't let someone else make yours.
- Check small things.
- Share credit.
- Remain calm. Be kind.
- Have a vision. Be demanding.
- Don't take counsel of your fears or naysayers.
- Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.