Kudos to writer Lisa Gutierrez for her article "At Brookside Fine, Art Deserves Fine Manners" in the Kansas City Star, all about Art Fair Etiquette for shoppers.
One of this weekend's finest art fairs is taking place in the Brookside Shopping District in Kansas City this weekend, the Brookside Art Annual, May 3-5. Many of you will be there and it is great to see that the publicity for the show includes writers such as Lisa who "gets" the business.
Here are some of her tips:
- First, control your kids.
- Keep your dogs out of the tents.
- Don't browse while drunk.
- Don’t stand around yapping and block the way into the booths.
- Don’t make uninformed — read “stupid” — comments about the art within their earshot.
- And about buying stuff … don’t dicker. An art festival is not a flea market.
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/01/4210626/the-28th-brookside-art-annual.html#storylink=cpy