Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals
Let's hope this show becomes another holiday tradition!
Here are some thoughts :
1) The Elegant and Central location of the Highland Park Country Club was a superb selection. The Club itself is beyond lovely and on high traffic roads. I feel the site and hostess details will be keys to drawing our friends back again and again. On Friday night, there were spotlights circling the inky darkness and trying to draw the Friday Shopper’s attention. On Saturday and Sunday evening, there was a pianist playing at a baby grand in the entrance way, which set a scene of chic charm as clients made their way into the warmth of free hot chocolate and the laughter of easy conversation. There was an open bar for patrons. But the massive fieldstone fire place, natural wood floors, glitter and gleam of huge chandeliers, entire walls of windows, the circular bricked entrance driveway, heavy linen and silver…..well, they define elegance. It may have been this Art Fairs first year but it will not be the last!
2) The crowd was nicely knowledgeable, compellingly friendly, warmly witty and low-keyed affluent. More traffic was needed. I think that comes with time and word-of-mouth…..tradition….etc.
3) We had free access to electricity and it is my own fault that I did not bring more strobes. Live and learn!
4) The set up was wonderful. Across from each row of booths were a number of linen clad round tables with a center Christmas decoration where you could take the customer and sit down with them. People could just rest there also.
5) Amy, as always, treats her artists well: we had a Continental breakfast and hot lunch available with gallons of coffee/soda/water available at all times.
6) Check In/Out was clean and fast, as usual, at Amdur.
7) It was loverly. I hope to see you next year.
8) We took in over four times our entrance fee, did not have to pay for breakfast or lunch and danced a jig when we got rooms at a 5 star Marriott Suites on Groupon for $49 a night.
9) It was heatening to hear how many of my clients expect to see me this summer. Wow!
I had fun!