Labor Day Weekend
Royal Oak, Michigan
Shoppers at Arts, Beats & Eats
on the downtown streets
Rated #4 Fine Art Fair in the Country by Art FairSourcebook!!
Friday - 11 am to 9 pm Sat.-Sun. 11 am-9 pm
Monday 11 am to 5 pm
This popular metro Detroit event returns to downtown Royal Oak. You have got to be there to enjoy this last celebration of summer. This is not an overwhelming art fair that will exhaust you but a select group
or artists, both local and national, chosen from over 600 applicants. More than fifty of them have never participated in this art fair, so you can expect many new faces as well as your favorites.
Who'll you find:
Get a sneak preview right here
of the artists.
My tips on how to enjoy this event:
THE BEATS:Eleven stages
- Friday morning join the Royal Oak Marching Band as they open the show
- Explore the juried fine art show before the best art is gone
- Take your kids to perform in the Children's area
- Eat at your favorite Detroit area restaurant outpost
- Enjoy Saturday night dancing in the streets at the R & B Jazz stage with Thornetta Davis
- Back to the Art to see who won the prizes and take your own "prize" home with you
- Close out the weekend with George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic at the Main Stage
focusing on local talent as well as national acts like Vince Gill, Bret Michaels, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy,
the Jill Jack Band, Alexander Zonjic,
and my own personal favorite the fabulous Thornetta Davis
on Saturday night!THE EATS:
With nearly 70 restaurants, caterers and dining attractions (a 25 percent increase over last year) the "Eats" will be showcasing and offering great food and tastes throughout the weekend including Detroit favorites Olga's Kitchen, Holiday Market, Gayle's Chocolates, OM Cafe
and don't miss Andre's Louisiana Seafood Sandwich Shop
. You'll think you are in Cajun country.
This is a serious "destination" event. Will I see you there?
Do you "LIKE" this post? Please click on the button and spread the word. Bring the buyers to the art fair!