July 11 & 12
St. Joseph, Michigan
Located on Lake Bluff Park
Deadline: January 22
New: This year we have decreased the number of booths from 216 to 200
Please note: We have an "Open Jury" policy and
encourage artists to attend. Jurying is Friday, February 13 at Lake Michigan College. Last year there were 172 openings.
Krasl Art Fair on the Bluff is one of the nation's top fine art fine craft art fairs: Sunshine Artist Magazine #10 in 2014 and on Art Fair Calendar's 2nd Annual "Best Art Fair" survey #6.
In 2015 the Krasl Art Fair on the Bluff celebrates 54 years of artistic excellence drawing crowds from Chicago, northern Indiana, Grand Rapids and other nearby cities.
- Artist Sales: In (2014) between $5,000-$10,000 (source: Sunshine Artist Magazine, 34% reported making between #1,501-$3,000 and 39% reported making between $3,001-$10,000 plus (source: 2014 Krasl Art Fair artist survey).
- Jury/Booth Fees ($30/$300 or $325, depending on space size: 10x10 to 15x15 plus and 20x20); many with exposure on two sides.
- Estimated attendance: 70,000
- Friday set-up; drive to space for load-in and load-out
- Artist-in-Residence program; local residents host artists in their homes
- Excellent artist amenities: artist-only parking, Saturday gourmet breakfast, booth sitters, electricity available to many booths, artists' hospitality room and much more
- 19 Best of Category Awards $100 cash each, Krasl Board choice Award, booth fee waived the following year and Shore Magazine "Best Booth Award".
- Friday night kick-off party with gourmet food, wine tasting, live music and more
- Round tabs artists' discussion with committee and staff
- Digital Jurying which is open to artists and public to observe.
Comments from participating artists:
- In this age when most art shows think they can "improve" their shows by bringing in carnivals and petting zoos, Krasl has not forgotten that it is about the artists and kept their focus on that.
- Congratulations to your and your team for putting on a wonderful event. I especially appreciated the standards committee and the easy load in/load out. I had a great show!
- A guy who visited my booth about five times at your show was really interested in one of my large paintings. I knew he was really close, but just couldn't commit. Late last week he emailed me and he bought two of them. That put me just a little behind last year's good show and Krasl is my second best show of the year behind Cherry Creek!!
For more information and artist's prospectus: