Presented by: Salina Arts & Humanities
Deadline: February 6
Application fee: $40; Booth fee: $325
We welcome your application to the Smoky Hill River Festival Fine Art Show and Four Rivers Craft Show. Both of these outstanding shows continue to garner national recognition and have upheld their stellar reputations among artists for 41 years.
Salina's rich cultural landscape, international award winning public art and engaged arts organizations make Salina a model city where art and culture are a $23 million industry annually. The Smoky Hill River Festival is the most anticipated event of the year and attracts nearly 70,000 patrons from all over the country.
Expect exceptional Artist Amenities: booth sitters, beverages brought to booth, unload and loading assistance, 24 hour security, free reserved parking within the event for inventory access and an Artist & Patron cocktail Party.
New this year:
Our Fine Art Show will run for three days with shortened daily show hours. We have combined our Artist Reception with our Patron Program and created a new event to allow artists to meet Patrons before the shows open and to develop relationships with a new group of young professionals joining the Patron Program for the first time. We are also developing a Business Patron Program to encourage local and corporate businesses in Salina to support the Arts in our community by purchasing original work for their private and public spaces.
- Approximately half-a-million dollars in visual arts sales
- Both shows are juried and ranked among the Top 100 Art Fairs in the country in ArtFair Sourcebook!
- Knowledgeable and engaged patrons
- $130,000+ pledged by existing Patrons as well as both a young Professional and Business Patron Program rolling out this year to support the Fine Art Show
- Over $11,000 cash Merit & Purchase Awards
- Heavily shaded park setting
- Access to discounted lodging
- We spend nearly $40,000 annually in local and regional advertising and marketing for the Festival.
What the artists tell us:
A unique show in several ways. Two shows going on simultaneously which I've never seen before. The patron award program is an important part of the show. This is a real community event and the people turn out for it. Well run and they take care of the artists. - Peder Hegland, Sartell, MN
One of the best run shows in the country. - Sheldon Ganstrom, Hays, KS