at the last minute a key staff member needs to leave
The Michigan Guild of Artists & Artisans is looking for a full time Operations Director for the Ann Arbor Summer Art Fair for their organization right away. Is this the job for you?
The Guild of Artists & Artisans is hiring an experienced Art Fair Operations Director. This is a full time position that will report directly to the Executive Director. The Guild of Artists & Artisans is a 501(c)3 non-profit artist membership organization that produces fine art fairs. The Art Fair Operations Director is responsible for all operational aspects of The Guild’s art fairs and related art fair components, programs and projects. This position will hire, assign, train and direct the work of the temporary art fair staff.
Just a few of the duties:
- Designs and manages all art fair operations and site logistics.
- With the Executive Director hires, assigns, trains and directs the work of the temporary art fair staff. (operations coordinators). Trains and manages operations coordinators.
- Hires, trains, schedules and manages the work of temporary fair staff which includes street coordinators, rovers and barricade workers. Depending on the event, may also manage the booth sitters.
- Supervises the preparation, move-in and teardown of all art fair sites and its various components.
- Designs and administers artist registration procedures. Designs and executes artist move-in and move-out plans.
- Develops and manages sponsor set-up and teardown procedures.
- Develops and manages vendor, such as food court participants, set-up and teardown procedures.
- Prepares art fair operations annual plan; assists in the development of art fair annual and strategic goals.
- Prepares and monitors operations timelines, budgets, status reports and post event feedback. Is responsible for keeping expenditures within budget
- Negotiates art fairs operations contracts and services. Orders and maintains art fair operations equipment and supplies. Ensures that all contracted services are provided.
- Prepares information materials for participating artists; assists artists with art fair related problems and concerns.
- Evaluates site design and makes recommendations for changes and enhancements.
- Works with the City, Main Street Area Association and other fair partners and committees to ensure events meet all required contractual agreements, regulations and ordinances.
- Excellent communication skills. Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with staff, membership, the public, the Board of Directors and volunteers.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented; able to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision and thrive in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
- Proven track record of event management.
- Excellent problem solving abilities. Must be able to think and adjust to change quickly.
- Able to work long hours, out-of-doors, maneuvering through huge crowds, in all weather conditions – including heat, humidity, rain or other inclement conditions
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to drive oversized vans and trucks.
This is a salaried position with health benefits, 401k, and paid time off.Interested parties should forward their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.