October 1 & 2
downtown historic Williamsburg
Deadline: April 30
Application Fee: $35/Booth Fee: $275
An Occasion for the Arts (AOFTA) is held each year on the first weekend of October on the streets of historic downtown Williamsburg, a popular destination for people from around the world.
Our ambition is to be the best show possible for those artists exhibiting with us, and our commitment to our exhibitors is to balance the show in a way that showcases your work as unique and provides the potential for sales. We purposely keep the show small, 140-145 artists.
Potential for sales:
- The median household income for James City County and adjoining York County is $79,516, one of the highest in Virginia.
- Housing starts are on the Rise. Residential areas of Williamsburg are experiencing strong growth. Several new neighborhoods have emerged in the last year.
- An artist's directory on our website to introduce artists to our patrons well in advance of the show. Artist's information remains on our web site months after the show for patron access. (Visit our website today to learn about the artists who were invited last year)
- Customized e-Card for each artist to send to his or her patron email list.
- Promotional art show booklet distributed to over 16,000 homes and businesses listing artists and their mediums, includes full color images, booth map and helpful information for festival goers.
- A free shuttle service providing easier access for patrons
- Social Media ... with nearly 3,500 followers, our Facebook Page is an important component for us when reaching our patrons and introducing our artists.
Participating artists can look forward to:
- Early set up on the Friday with curbside unloading and loading
- Free Artist-only parking within walking distance of the show
- Artist reception and award Ceremony on Saturday evening with complementary adult beverages...cash awards for winning artists and acceptance to next year's show
- Overnight security
- On-demand booth sitters to assist the artists