The Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival, now in its 28th year, is one of the "top five" outdoor art festivals in the country with a long-standing reputation for showcasing high-quality hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind artwork in a dynamic outdoor setting that draws affluent and knowledgeable clientele. It is Greater Reston Arts Center's largest annual fundraiser.
The 2019 Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival is a three-day juried event, with a sophisticated buying audience located in the unique outdoor shopping destination; Reston Town Center in Reston, VA an affluent suburb of Washington D.C., ranked #4 of the wealthiest counties in America, by Forbes Magazine! The event attracts art lovers, affluent homeowners, corporate executives, and design professionals in addition to the broader community. Our highly-anticipated cultural event draws up to 30,000 visitors and there is FREE garage parking all Festival weekend courtesy of Boston Properties.
What is new this year?
This year we are pleased to announce the following changes to give our artists the best possible show experience. These unprecedented changes are a direct response to the comments and suggestions we have received from our artist surveys.
- Applications are on ZAPP
- Increased booth footprint by half a foot (easier setup)
- Limited to 185 artists (down from 200 due to booth footprint increase)
- 3-day event with Thursday full day set-up, unload next to your booth
- Complimentary GRACE membership card entitles the artist (and table of up to 6) to 20% off main menu at our partner restaurants
- FREE artist parking Thursday-Sunday. Located in on-site garages for passenger vehicles and in a secure offsite lot for oversized vehicles (with free transportation options for our artists to and from that site each day)
- FREE patron parking during the three days of the art festival
We are committed to elevating the profile of our Festival and reach new audiences. To that end we've made a contract with a professional public relations firm to develop an aggressive marketing and promotion campaign to better market, recognize and celebrate our Festival artists.
We also have a strong outreach campaign for social media, radio, and television, which includes both paid and trade advertising. We negotiate for well-placed advertising in prominent magazines and newspapers, arts focused catalogs, and online Going Out Guides.
"The show is extremely well organized, and volunteers were frequently checking to see if we needed anything. Most importantly for us, the clientele was knowledgeable, enthusiastic about my work, and bought lots of it!" 2018 Printmaker via AFSB
"This is one of the best-run shows we have ever done! The volunteers were outstanding." 2018 Exhibitor
Contact: Erica Harrison, firstname.lastname@example.org
, (703) 471-9242