Presented by the Indianapolis Art Center
Deadline: January 21
Application Fee: $35 Booth Fee: 12x12 $370
"One artist, one at a time." This is the core principle of the OneAmerica Broad Ripple Art Fair. We value fine art and fine craft by individual artists or collaborative teams who both create the work personally and sell it directly to the retail customer, and we ask all of our participating artists to share this value.
The OneAmerica Broad Ripple Art Fair was created in 1971 by Marjorie Beal, who envisioned an event that would showcase local artists and be hosted by the Art Center (then Indianapolis Art League). Now celebrating its 48th year, the Art Fair attracts an average of 16,000 patrons and offers an opportunity for the public to meet artists from the U.S. and Canada, 2 food courts, craft beer and wine, live entertainment, and to learn about and experience the unique mission of the Art Center.
The Art Fair is located on the grounds ofthe Indianapolis Art Center designed by Hoosier Architect Michael Graves and its 9-acre ARTSPARK, plus the adjacent North Side Optimists Opti-Park, a recreational park. Located in the Broad Ripple Village Cultural District- a cultural arts, shopping, night club, and dining district-the OneAmerica Broad Ripple Art Fair is next to the popular Monon Trail urban greenway.
- Opportunity to participate in a cocktail hour preview party that is Invite-Only to major donors and patrons of the Indianapolis Art Center.
- Dedicated 24/7 Artist Text Hotline - contact booth sitters by cell phone
- Artist Hospitality includes light breakfast both Saturday and Sunday mornings and bottled water throughout the day. Food line passes will also be given to each artist that will grant them the ability to bypass any food lines, making breaks a breeze.
- 24 Hour roving Security and Police
- Free, large artwork pick-up service. Large artwork purchases, picked up at Artist tents with flatbed golf carts, will be delivered to our secure roadside pick-up tent. Patrons can continue to shop and pick-up purchases at their leisure.
- During the Fair, an independent on-site juror will judge booths and award cash and re-invite prizes totaling $2,000. Award-winners will be re-invited to the 2019 OneAmerica Broad Ripple Art Fair.
- Staff and volunteer supported load-in and load-out
- Over 400 volunteers
The OneAmerica Broad Ripple Art Fair is a gated event ($13 presale and $15 day of) that is the largest annual fundraiser for the Indianapolis Art Center, a not-for-profit community arts organization.