Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals
Welcome to the 9th annual AFI Secret Santa. Secret Santa 2020 is our annual gifting and sharing of good wishes for our art fair community. It is the people who make the art fair biz so compelling for s all.
Over the years, artists from around the world have come together during Secret Santa for a common theme—to spread goodwill and joy to one another, through the spirit of giving and receiving happiness.
In our ninth year, we invite you to join us once again, in a time where love and optimism is needed across the globe. At AFI, we rely on the kind hearts of our members to shine a little light during the holiday season, and this year is no different.
Last year over 65 artists and show directors sent through gifts through our exchange, one heartwarming gift at a time. This year, join us in keeping the tradition going!
Sign up* & get matched
1. Let me know you want to participate.
Then you will receive an email from DrawNames.com. You must click the link in that email "JOIN THIS GROUP." That will take you to the sign up page. Do that and you will be registered to participate. (If you do not signup at the link you will not be included in the drawing.)
2. If you participated last year you must still sign up. You should have received an email invitation from DrawNames.com on 11/23/20.
3. *You must activate your membership in the group when you receive this invitation by clicking in. If you don't you will not be included. While you are there add your mailing address to the "wish list." Also, add your wishes for gifts you'd like.
4. Deadline: The evening of December 4 we will close signups and our computer program will choose who you should send a gift to (this is the most important part; this is about the giving!). If you have not signed up by responding to our emails from DrawNames.com, you will not be part of this year's matching.
5. On December 7 you'll receive the name of the person you will be "gifting" with a link to contact that person. There is a cool email system that you can use
to find out their wishes.
6. Find the perfect gift** & send it
Once you receive the email from DrawNames.com with your match's information, you'll have until December 20, to ship your gift.
When you ship it, come back here to tell us you've shipped it.
7. Receive a gift from your match
When you receive a gift, you'll need to come back here and post an amazing thank you note, hopefully with photos!
The best photos and thank you note will receive a prize
New this year: we'll host a Zoom meeting in early January to meet one another and show off our gifts.
*When you sign up at DrawNames.com be sure to fill out your wish list with some suggestions for your own personal Santa: color preferences, your interests, dream wishes. Also at that time include your mailing address so your Santa can get your present to you on time.
**This is not about buying a gift, this is about sharing your creativity. Gifts should be made by you or handmade preferably, maybe from an art fair. Suggested dollar limit (if you're buying) $25.
Curious about our gift drawings? Put the words "Secret Santa" in the search box up above and you'll find lots of fun and good wishes.