June 8 & 9
Old Town Neighborhood
presented by the Old Town Triangle Assn.
Deadline: December 15
Exciting changes are in store for the 2013 Old Town Art Fair!
The Old Town Art Fair is a fine art show located on the streets, amid the charming homes and leafy parkways, of the historic Old Town Triangle neighborhood on Chicago's near north side. Picked as one of AmericanStyle Magazine's Top Ten art fairs, it has been a perennial favorite of artists, art lovers and art buyers since 1948. This volunteer-run event benefits neighborhood groups and schools and the Old Town Triangle Association, presenter of the Fair.
The 64th annual edition promises to be something even more special! Changes are afoot to make this the best Fair ever for our artists and patrons.
- More Openings: In 2013 we are opening 50% of our spaces to applying artists, more than double the number of open spaces last year.
- Fewer Booths: To make sure we have a comfortable environment for all participants, and to reduce the competition for buyers, we are decreasing the number of booths/artists by 16, to 250.
- Better Entertainment: We are ensuring that our music venues and offerings are appropriate to our patronage and environment.
- Better Food: We are re-evaluating our food vendors to make sure the quality of the food is as high as possible for our event.
- Better Outreach: We are formally surveying patrons and meeting with artists to gather information to help improve our Fair, and stepping up our public relations efforts to attract more buyers.
All two- and three-dimensional fine artists who meet the show's qualifications are invited to apply for this premier event. Please visit www.zapplication.orgfor details and to complete an application.
Leslie Wolfe, Arts & Operations Director
Old Town Triangle Association