October 8 & 9
Houston, Texas 40th Annual Bayou City Art Festival300 ArtistsDeadline: April 29
Fall in Houston, the weather cools and Houstonians celebrate at the Capital One Bank Bayou City Art Festival Downtown. Our urban festival is set against the dramatic skyline of the nation's fourth largest city and was awarded the #10 spot in the Sunshine Artist
200 Best list in September 2010. Festival attendance over the two days totals over 30,000 patrons.
Held each year on the second weekend of October, the Capital One Bank Bayou City Art Festival Downtown is a permanent
entry on the calendars of serious collectors, interior designers and pre-holiday shoppers. Streets surrounding City Hall, Hermann Square and Sam Houston Park become an outdoor gallery featuring over 300 fine artists against the dramatic backdrop of Houston's skyscrapers.
The festival showcases works representing 19 media format and is juried at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, by an invited panel of artists, collectors and industry professionals. Artist Praise "I was really impressed with the quality of the show... Kudos to [Bayou City Art Festival Staff] for putting on a great festival & getting the wonderful people of Houston to come out and support the arts. I received great response to my work & had an awesome show!... We need more shows out there like yours. Keep it up!"
- Pyper Hugos, Artist, Bayou City Art Festival Downtown 2010, Bozeman, MT “Had a great show... sold a lot! had some fun! Perfect weather... how did you do it?"
- Michael McKee, Artist, Bayou City Art Festival Downtown 2010, Wheaton, IL Why Houston?
• Bayou City Art Festival Downtown has a demonstrated history in strong sales for artists.
• National studies show Houstonians consistently have twice the discretionary income that workers in similar industries have around the country.
• With a median household income of over $50,000 and an income growth since 2000 of 13.1% as reported in Kiplingers.com, Houston has been ranked the Number 1 city in the U.S. in which to live, work and play in July of 2008.
Bayou City Art Festival Downtown 2010 Winners:
- Best in Show - Kevin Peterson - Painting/ Acrylic or Oil
- Second Place - Signe Grushovenko - Painting/ Acrylic or Oil
- Third Place - Theresa Honeywell - Mixed Media 3D
- MFAH Curatorial Award for Excellence in Sculpture - Tiffany Ownbey, Sculpture
- Best Booth - Tiffany Ownbey, Sculpture
- Cadillac Best of Show Houston Artist - Steve Harris - Mixed Media 2D
Applications currently accepted viz ZAPP:
For more information:
Contact Info: Kelly Kindred