It is Art on the Bay's 10th year of a well-attended, successful show for both the artists and the community. The show is juried awarding ribbons to to 1st Place and Honorable Mention in both arts and crafts. The show also highlights a "People's Choice Award", selected by the Art on the Bay committee. Art on the Bay is a mix of fine art, craftsmanship and a bit of whimsy, too. The attendees are happy with the quality of of the work at a reasonable price. Many are return visitors every year looking for their favorite artist and crafts person.
While new artisans are recruited every year, the favorites are encouraged to return. This year Art on the Bay is concentrating on expanded amenities like food and drink, music and a relaxed place to spend the day.
- All artists will be listed on the website, Facebook, expanded links to other events.
- Print format and digital media is also part of the marketing plan.
- Attendees are given a booklet with the artists listed, booth number and location with in the show.
- Sign and banners are put up two weeks before the show throughout the city and adjoining communities.
- Artists are allowed to bring cars in to unload and relaod. There are designated parking areas for the vendors and a smaill shuttles service, too.
"My favorite art show and I love the variety."
"Customers told me it was the best art show they had been to all year. Said there were an excellent number of quality artists."
"Committee assistance was very much appreciated. Very well organized show."
"Friendly committee, friendly customers. Nice people."