Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Welcome to our 50+ Secret Santa-ing group. Names were drawn on Dec. 7. What to do next:

1. Open that email and you'll find out who you will be sending your gift to. 
  2. NEW this year: there is a link directing you where to put your mailing address. Do it now!
  3. Go to your drawn name's page on DrawNames.com (Secret Santa 2020-Art Fair Insiders) and leave them a message. If there is not a mailing address ask them to add it to their page. Send a cheery greeting and ask for ideas on what they want from Santa.
  4. Decide on a gift. This is not about $$. It is about sharing your creativity, your art, some cool object that is handmade. Baking cookies is fine too. It's about community. 
  5. Put your package in the mail by December 22. 
  6. Leave comments below if you have questions AND post your gifts with photos if you can. There will be a prize for the most creative response. A highly respected juror will choose the winner. This year's prize is this photo by Robert Wallis, the lighthouse at Point Ninini, Kauai, Hawaii.

See how last year's Santas posted their gifts here.
  7. Deadline for posting is Jan. 5.
  8. On January 6 we'll have a Zoom meeting to meet one another and show off our gifts. 

P. S. If you don't know how to "add an image" to your comment, click here for help: Get Started

Happy holidays to all my friends in Art Fair Land!

Views: 551

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have 50+ Santas this year and I'm happy to report that there is less confusion this year mostly because the app we use, DrawNames.com, added a note on the home page to remind everyone to put in their address. AND, folks, the Santas did just that.

Deadline to ship is December 22, but I have just come from the post office and am pleased to report that at 3:30 on the Friday before Christmas there was only one person in front of me! Best wishes to and I hope you find it the same. 

Here are the six packages that I shipped today to Michigan, Delaware, Kentucky and Florida. I only have the California gifts and some more Michigan still on my list. How about you?

Got my secret Santa gift out early, and received tracking info that it’s been delivered! Hope they like it! Might be waiting awhile for my own to arrive - the Cleveland area USPS is terribly behind between the regular flood of Christmas mail and so many employees out sick with COVID :( waiting excitedly, tho; loved my last two years gifts!

Just back from another trip to the post office -- not crowded but sternly advised not to expect packages to arrive by Christmas. She wouldn't even give an expectation.

Thank you Collette Fortin for my wonderful & whimsical hot glass sculpture! My husband imagined a hummingbird inside; I saw a dragonfly. But, whatever direction the wisps lead the mind, we adore crystal and glass and this piece will hold a cherished place in our collection. Thank you again.
Merry Christmas & here’s to a normalized 2021!

I didn't even have to see the name because I knew right away the signature work of Collette and Barry at Neptune Glass. So beautiful. 

That is gorgeous!

My Secret Santa is Patti Mohrenweiser, who sent this really cool bowl with a pretty blue glaze and gold edging. There's a tree in the bottom of the bowl in gold that really offsets the blue. My light box is buried out in the garage, and my desktop set up doesn't do it the justice it deserves.

My thanks go to Debra Lo Franco who sent me this cool t-shirt from her company Devora.us. I didn't know about Debra's business but if you visit her website, full of unusual pet products, "the byproduct of an age long quest to become the best pet parent ever." 

Included was a tin of Paw Balm, a cream to rub on sore noses and paws. Since I don't have a dog I regifted it already to neighbors who are excellent pet parents who have a new rescue dog.

Btw, a wonderful website for anyone who is searching for a model to study on what to do with your site in 2021. I especially like "we prioritize the interest of the community by realizing and fulfilling our social responsibilities."

I was thrilled to receive my gift from Connie Mettler (and friends) on Christmas Eve. Connie knitted or crocheted an absolutely gorgeous scarf - and in my favorite color. It is so fine and soft. She also included an adorable ceramic pitcher made by Beth Mueller and a ceramic heart made by Jean Magdich.  I also received a book geared for artists that she passed along. I hit the jackpot with my secret santa!

Thank you all so very much!

Pam Arzinger

IMG_1968.jpg

Glad you liked your gifts, Pam. I knitted the scarf from a pattern designed by my talented daughter-in-law, aka SweaterBabe. When I saw you were a reader I was so pleased to send you that book. I loved every page of it. It is a great adventure over many years by two artists (a true story) of how they kept going and were able to earn a living at art fairs. 

Thanks again to Patty DeMaria for my wonderful fish. I love it!!!https://www.artfairinsiders.com/forum/topics/secret-santa-part-ii-2020

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service