I think the Cherry Creek Art Festival probably gets more applications than just about any other show. Why?
- The 4th of July weekend doesn't have very many shows so not a lot of competition
- There is a mystique about it that makes artists decide at the last minute, "why not give it a try? Nothing ventured, nothing gained."
- It is held right smack in the middle of the country and artists from both sides of the nation apply
This list of prizewinners gives you a good idea of the competition. Congratulations to them!
- Best of Show: Suzanne Schmid, jewelry
- 2nd Place: Scott Hildebrandt, mixed media
- 3rd Place: Heinrich Toh, printmaking
- Merit Awards:
David Burton, mixed media
Aaron Hequembourg, mixed media
David Kammerzell, painting
Brice McCasland, mixed media
Tony Ortega, printmaking
- Juror’s Award: Brian Blackham, painting
- Juror’s Award: Adam Crowell, wood
- Juror’s Award: Christopher Wagner, sculpture
Click here to view the 2017 artist award winners!
View more fabulous photos from the festival and be sure to follow Cherry Creek Arts Festival on Facebook!