If you have some time over the next few days and want to take advantage of upping your knowledge of earning a living as an artist, here are our best podcasts to help you on your way.
(As an aside, these podcasts can be found online anywhere podcasts are hosted, including ArtFairRadio.com, Apple Podcasts -- download any time.)
- Can a Website Contribute to Art Sales? Our newest podcast and just about my favorite ever, inspiring and so helpful. Five artists, with prices from $15 to $8000, talk about their experience selling online. They are so smart, business-savvy and motivated to make the business work for them. By the end you will be inspired.
- How Artists Can Apply for Economic Relief -- ArtFest Fort Myers under Executive Director Sharon McAllister's leadership, is using their website to act as a clearinghouse to help artists interpret and access the financial services under the CARES Act. Sharon is joined by accountant John Brodie of Comprehensive Accounting in metro Detroit.
- 10 Reasons You Didn't Get in the Art Fair -- show directors from the St. Louis Art Fair, the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and the St. James Court Art Show speak from experience
- How We Bring Buyers to our Art Fairs -- Patty Gregory of Belleville's Art in the Square and Christi Salamonie of the La Quinta Art Festivals share their tactics
- 10 Tips to Use Now for Artists and Show Directors -- Do you have questions about using the Internet to further your career or better position your art fair online? Anything Internet, Scott can answer and point you in the right direction. Concerned about your jury imaging, booth design, visual appeal, digital help? Larry is the expert.
- Who is Buying at the Shows and Why-- the art fair buyers tell us what brings them to the art fairs and what they buy
- Is Anyone Here Earning a Living? -- We speak with art fair artists who actually pay the bills and make a living. Are there people like that? This is a very practical nuts and bolts discussion of entrepreneurship. Creating art and earning a living with it are two separate endeavors.
- My First Art Fair - Zero or Hero? -- A panel of beginner and experienced artists from various media discuss their "first time."
- The No Mistake Art Fair Career - 10 tips from Larry Berman and Bruce Baker: we talk about nailing getting into the show and then how to make sure when you get there that your work sells.
- Online Marketing for Artists 101: an oldie, but goodie because good advice never changes.
and for when times change: Selling Art Face to Face -- Ever hear, "I'll think about it? " Gain confidence and learn what to DO and SAY when they say they need to think about it! Listen to find out what to do next including solid tips to take to your next show.
That's the tip of the iceberg. Fine 80 more helpful episodes always available to you at ArtFairRadio.com