The most important and time consuming job most art fair organizers face is finding quality applicants for their art fairs, handling those applications and choosing the participants through a jury process. With every passing season event planners reassess their methods for perfecting this process. The majority of artists have become reconciled to the digital process and art fair organizers realize that if they want to have a fine art fair their organizations must join this move to online jurying.
Who started this revolution?
Please read below to learn about the pioneer and how this organization can help you:
- revitalize your process
- find more applicants for your show
- and save your organization time and money
Juried Art Services (JAS) created Digital Jurying in 1999. After a rigorous 4 year development process in cooperation with the Smithsonian Craft Show, "the Nation's Most Prestigious Juried Exhibition", it became available to other important juried venues. The mandate was to engineer a highly efficient and user friendly system for managing the application, jurying and notification process for art competitions.
Since that time the nation's leading juried events have chosen JAS. These shows include:
- the Smithsonian Craft Show
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Oil Painters of America
- Disney Festival of the Masters
- Sausalito Art Festival
- American Craft Exposition, and others.
JAS not only handles the jurying for these signature events it also works exceptionally well with smaller shows and is quite cost effective for them. What we can do for your event:
- We can tailor our system to reflect each organization's unique identity and standards to exactly fit their requirements and preferences.
- As a full service organization, JAS consults with each venue to determine the process to meet all their needs reducing the organization's workload, managing information efficiently and providing other significant cost saving and performance enhancements.
- The program handles the jurying services and online application features with perfect record keeping.
Do you have a particular concern for personal attention to get started?
- JAS staff are readily available and will quickly respond to you when you have any questions and will personally assist you in any phase of the process.
How it works for your show's jurying:
- It is a very important feature that the jurors now see the entire description including statement, material, technique and dimensions.
- The program allows for detailed image and information reviewing.
- The voting system performs a faster, completely documented process that is self-paced, thus commanding a much higher quality of attention and finer decision making from the juror so the jurors perform their duties quickly and efficiently.
- The service eliminates the need for jurors to be in the same place at the same time, creating the opportunity for jurors to be able to participate from remote locations.
What your staff will like about JAS:
- The show has complete access to monitor all activity, including confirming each application to maintain control of duplicate applications or inappropriate submissions.
- Savings of time and money is also realized from the electronic Call to Artists, Deadline Notifications, Payment processing and reminders, and Winner and Wait List notifications. Because the digital images are high resolution, publishing and printing costs are reduced.
For more information and to schedule a demonstration of the services provided, please contact Juried Art Services at 561-832-0480. Paul Fisher, the President of JAS, will respond directly to you. You can reach him at email@example.com.