May 16 & 17
Presented by the Center for the Arts & Sciences
Deadline: February 2
We are so pleased to invite you to apply to our inaugural show on the tree-shaded grounds of The Center for the Arts & Sciences, located just one hour south of Houston.
Our plans for your success: (in no particular order)
- It is the only juried art festival in a community of approximately 300,000 people
- We have already begun marketing the festival through "Save the Date" ads in area newspapers and magazines
- We will continue to market the festival in local and regional publications/broadcast media to ensure good attendance
- We have studied the art of festivals and will provide artists with optimal conditions and hospitality for a successful event
- We will have a Patron Preview Party Friday night, May 15, so that artists will have an opportunity to sell to high-end art buyers
- The Festival will feature both food and entertainment that is not otherwise available in our area (food trucks, musical entertainment representative of Asian, Hispanic, Celtic in the mix with more traditional popular bands). We believe these will be a draw to the event.
- We will have both hands-on children's art activities and art demonstrations for adults
- We will invite Houston media to cover the event
- We are working directly with art leagues around the state to enlist participation from their artists, including Galveston, Rockport, Austin, Houston and Dallas (smaller communities, too)
- We intend for our festival to become an annual event and understand that this first attempt must be successful and we are committed to "doing what it takes."
- We have started receiving sponsorships. Honda of Lake Jackson has agreed to be the Title Sponsor and Honda of Greater Houston has approached us about doing something on-site to "enhance the experience for Honda owners." This indicates to us that our event is attracting attention from the bigger markets.
- We will conduct an after-festival survey with participating artists to obtain their feedback for what worked and what we can do better. We ARE serious about artists suggestions!
- Our setting is lovely, with plenty of trees and free parking.
- Artist set-up will be Friday (5/15), and load-in/load-out assistance will be available.
Won't you make our new show part of your "Texas Tour?"