November 27 & 28
Sterling Heights, Michigan
31st Annual St. Nick's Warehouse Arts & Crafts Show
Henry Ford II High School
Deadline: May 30
Where is Sterling Heights, MI, and Henry Ford II High School? You just know it has to be the Detroit area which abounds with buildings named for one Ford or another, right?
During the holidays there is a plethora of arts and crafts shows which pop up around the country in the local schools. In Michigan they have reached a zenith and are eagerly awaited by the shoppers. St. Nick's Warehouse is presented by the Boosters Club and aggressively promoted and smoothly run by them. They know how to run an event and they know how to bring in shoppers.
This one is timed for the
shopping frenzy of Thanksgiving weekend
- the buyers are out looking and St. Nick's is where they head.
My background is fine art fairs, but in recent years I have attended a few of these holiday markets. Here is what I found:
• dedicated buyers waiting at the doors with lists in hand
• craftspeople with unique, one-of-a-kind goods
• Police directing traffic!! because of the crowd
• shuttle buses running from nearby parking lots bringing shoppers
• well-run events
• affordable booth fees
The Henry Ford II Boosters Club takes great pride in their school and are well known for this event.