Ohio Expo Center
Presented by Ohio Designer Craftsmen
Fri. & Sat. 10am-8pm; Sun. noon-5pm
Deadline: July 8
Ohio Designer Craftsmen invites artists to a rewarding experience selling their high quality, original, handmade work at our "Columbus Winterfair". Now in it's 38th year, the show attracts an audience of 18,000 who look forward to holiday shopping at Columbus' premier fine craft event.
Winterfair is held at the Ohio Expo Center, a well-known location with easy access from major highways and ample parking. Visitors shop throughout the weekend using free return passes.
The show is supported by a powerful marketing plan, including:
- Direct mail postcard sent to 60,000 past customers. Additional postcards and e-cards made available to artists for their own customer lists
- Email blast reminder to past customers the week before the show
- 12 billboards seen by thousands of drivers beginning one month in advance
- Television and radio commercials reaching over 1 million viewers and listeners an average of 4 times
- On-air ticket giveaways on television and radio
- Reduced price tickets sold in advance through newspaper, online and at the Ohio Craft Museum
- Print ads in major local newspapers, magazines and entertainment tabloids
- Online ad campaign reaching 150,000
- Listings on all area events calendars
- Twitter and Facebook promotions beginning two weeks before the show
- PR campaign attracting media coverage of the event
Artist amenities include:
- A wide selection of conveniently located hotels and a lot for RV's
- Convenient hours and setup, allowing artists to enjoy fine restaurants and entertainment in the Short North arts district and Polaris shopping area near hotels
- Six cash awards for excellence, two judge's choice awards and a drawing for one "Dinner Winner," who enjoys a great meal for two, on the house!
- Convenient parking, now including some under cover
- Friendly, helpful staff with experience running a well organized show; Booth sitters
- Printed directory listing booth location for every artist and offeringartists individual ad opportunities
- Online directory on our web site with photos of artists' work and links to their web sites
What exhibitors say:
- "You guys put on a classy show, and we love being a part of it. Thanks!"
- "This is an event that we do not want to miss. ODC has been wonderful!"
- "This year's show easily outpaced last year's for me, and last year's was my previous best!"
For more information:
Contact: John Barr, Fairs Manager
Applications available at: www.ohiocraft.org