March 25 - 27, 2011
Deadline: October 29
Juried at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston by an invited panel of artists, collectors and industry professionals.
Conveniently located five miles from downtown, two miles from the famous Galleria area and neighboring the elegant residential communities of River Oaks and Memorial, Bayou City Art Festival Memorial Park is an artist's dream.
- Bayou City Art Festival Memorial Park is the nation's premier spring outdoor fine art event, held in Houston's prestigious Memorial Park.
- Ranked in AmericanStyle Magazine's "TOP 10 Festivals" for the past two years
- "Best Gallery in Houston" in March of 2009 by readers of Click2Houston.com
- "Best Festival in Houston" in the 2008 Houston Press' "Best of Houston" magazine
- Consistently ranked in Sunshine Artists Top 50.
- Bayou City Art Festival Memorial Park has a demonstrated history in strong sales for artists.
- National studies show Houstonians consistently have twice the discretionary income that workers in similar industries have around the country.
- With a median household income of over $50,000 and an income growth since 2000 of 13.1% as reported in Kiplingers.com, Houston has been ranked the Number 1 city in the U.S. in which to live, work and play in July of 2008.
- Best of Show: Ribbon and $1500 - jury exempt status for two years
- Second Place: Ribbon and $750 - jury exempt status for two years
- Third Place: Ribbon and $500 - jury exempt status for two years
- Best Booth: Jury exempt status for two years
www.zapplication.org - Entry Fee: $30Learn more: www.bayoucityartfestival.com"My booth was close to the gate, and I saw more art work being carried out of the show than I have seen anywhere in the last 3 years.. There was a sense of real buying energy...." -Michael Wommack, Artist, Bayou City Art Festival Memorial Park 2010, Langhorne, Pennsylvania"If the art buyers in Houston are any indication, the recession is rapidly moving to the rear view mirror. I sensed a feeling of optimism and an energy that has been lacking at some shows across the country the last two years." -Larry Stephenson, Artist, Bayou City Art Festival Memorial Park 2010, Andover, Kansas
Applications are currently being accepted via ZAPP: