Sell your work at southwest Michigan’s only fall juried event featuring artisan-made giftables! We invite you to apply.
Saturday, Nov. 8-Thursday, Nov. 13
Your work in our gallery
Krasl Art Center
St. Joseph, MI
DEADLINE: September 5
Artisan Market is THE place to buy original, handmade fine art and fine crafts. Creators from the United States and Canada are selected via a jury process and their works are presented salon-style in our galleries during the 6-day event.
How it Works - (ARTISTS ARE NOT PRESENT FOR THIS SHOW!!!)
- You set your sales price. We display, promote and sell your work, and then you receive 70% of your sales.
- Selling your work is easy! Simply drop off or mail your artwork to us and we do the rest.
- Categories include jewelry, decorative objects, functional ware, toys and more. Artists that make ornaments, mittens and gloves are also encouraged to apply.
Artisan Market Facts
- The Artisan Market attracts thousands of shoppers. Personal assistants help patrons select items as they tour the event.
- The event is organized by the Krasl Art Center, which also produces the Krasl Art Fair on the Bluff, currently ranked 10th in Sunshine Artist magazine’s 200 Best art fairs.
- The Artisan Market is promoted via advertising in the Krasl Art Fair on the Bluff guide book as well as newspaper and other print and online publications. The event is also promoted using radio, social media channels, online calendars and the Krasl Art Center website.
- The event utilizes its Friday, November 7 Premier Party and weekday Soup’s On event to encourage consumers to shop the event. Additionally, the event has evening shopping on Tuesday for those who are unable to patronize the event during the day.
- To apply, visit http://www.krasl.org/engage/artisan-market-application.
- The Artisan Market uses the online service, Entry Thingy, for artists to apply to the event.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and either sign up if you are new to Entry Thingy or login if you have used the system in the past.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to apply.
- An $8.00 fee is required for each category of artwork.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Application and fee deadline Friday, Sept. 5, 2014
- Jurying Friday, Sept. 12, 2014
- Artist Notification Friday, Sept. 19, 2014
- Mailing in Deadline Monday, Oct. 17, 2014
- Artwork check-in Nov. 4 & Nov. 5
- Opening Premier Party Friday, Nov. 7, 2014
- Artisan Market/Soup’s On Saturday, Nov. 8 through Thursday, Nov. 13, 2014
- Artwork check-out Friday, Nov. 14 – Saturday, Nov. 15, 2014
- Checks mailed to Artists Monday, Dec. 1, 2014
APPLY NOW: http://www.krasl.org/engage/artisan-market-application
Two guest jurors will review each application and select approximately of 100 artists. If you have questions, contact Artisan Market registrar, Sue Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-930-1123, or email Sara Shambarger, Director of Art Fairs at email@example.com .
We look forward to receiving your application.
Sara Shambarger Sue Bailey
Director of Art Fairs Artisan Market Registrar