May 18 & 19
East Lansing, Michigan
downtown East Lansing
Deadline: Jan. 31
#55 Sunshine Artist ranking
A non-profit event produced by Art Festival Board of Directors under the auspices of the East Lansing Arts Commission/City of East Lansing.
We are celebrating a golden 50 year Anniversary in 2013!
Established in 1964, The East Lansing Art Festival kicks off the festival season every Spring on the weekend prior to the Memorial Day holiday weekend in the beautiful streets of downtown East Lansing. The popular Festival attracts an estimated 60,000 attendees from across the region.
East Lansing is a charming University town with a wide variety of shops, restaurants, galleries and the beautiful Michigan State University campus across the street. (Please note that the MSU UAB Spring Craft fair is not affiliated with the East Lansing Art Festival)
This long-standing non-profit event is beloved by the
community of Greater Lansing and attracts devoted art buyers from across the state. Informally known as the "City of the Arts" the City of East Lansing welcomes the finest artists in North America to exhibit at this highly promoted event.
Here is what else you will like:
- well-educated visitors, including professional people from State government and the University
- dedicated volunteers who welcome artists with friendly smiles facilitation a smooth load in and out
- booth sitting services
- well-planned eclectic live music entertainment that enhances the art rather than distracts from it
- international flavors is a unique food court
- a festive mood as this is the kickoff of the art fair season
- affiliation with the Public TV and radio stations, bringing the right people to you
Discount application fee of $25, September 1-November 30. Fee increases to $35 December 1.
I attended the fair in 2012, see our YouTube video:
For more info: www.elartfest.com
Apply : www.ZAPPlication.org
Corinn VanWyck, Arts Program Coordinator
East Lansing Art Festival (517)319-6804