Hi! I don't think I've posted here yet. In October, I'm doing my first outdoor vendor/arts fair and I was hoping I could ask a few questions. Specifically, I'm looking to compile a checklist of all the things I will need to own and bring with me. (I've only done 1 craft show before and that was more than 3 years ago.)
I know I will need:
- White 10x10 Canopy Tent - looking at this one: Eurmax Canopy
- Filled sandbags for tent
- Stakes for tent (I think it will be in the grass but I'm not completely sure of that yet)
- Cash drawer and $? for change (how much do you recommend bringing?)
- Square chip card reader and Square store set up
- Jewelry and other goodies to sell! (I'm so far behind, eek!)
- Bags and possibly gift boxes?
- Price tags (except for the high-end items, which will have descriptions only)
- Sunscreen and maybe a hat
- ... I know I'm missing stuff here, please add to the list as you see fit!
Should I bring craft supplies to show my process and work on it while people walk past? Or should I just sit there and force myself to talk to people?
Do I need to have a tax license on-hand? Or just be prepared to notate and file? I think the show requires us to hold taxes but it didn't say we need a license.
Do I need to file for a DBA to collect taxes? I'm so far out of my league here.
Everything I have yet to do is now hitting me full-force and I'm mildly freaking out here.
Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated!