As a relative newcomer, I still have tons of questions about every little thing I might do. It occurred to me, after seeing this category, that it would have been a giant help to me to just see examples of working artists' booths in one place, instead of searching around for information. I'm starting the thread by showing mine, and I hope others will add theirs. It really could help someone.

I know my shot isn't perfect.  What is good about it definitely came from advice I found on AFI.  I can say that while it is imperfect, it got me into a great show.  I had to borrow the tent and walls from a friend because I still don't have my own tent (with only 30 days before the great show - yikes!), but I think it came out relatively well.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Because no one is seeing it.

When you start a new thread it gets sent to over 10,000 artists.

When you reply to an existing thread it only gets seen by the few artists who have subscribed to the thread you're replying to.

New topics always should be new threads. That's how forums work.

Larry Berman
  • 981297313?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024This is the new booth shot, had Larry clean it up for me. I think he did a great job.

• I'll post our booth shot later today or tomorrow. Take a look at Kentuck Art Festival 2013 artists and you'll be able to see everyone's booth shot and the three images they submitted to the festival jury. Here's a link to the page listing mediums--just click a medium and the slide show'll begin.

http://www.kentuck.org/festivalartists.html

• Make sure to post your booth shot in a new thread.

And your tip about Kentuck should also be it's own thread.

Larry Berman
        http://BermanGraphics.com
        412-401-8100

• Er, so why am I supposed to post my booth shot in a new thread? And why should the link to Kentuck also be it's own thread? Isn't this thread about booth shots, Larry?

I'll go read the stuff about posting in threads and whatnot.

• Looks really nice--very colorful. Is this your shot with mesh panels (and black covers?) I'm trying to decide whether to get.mesh panels cause I'm a newbie.
    Thanks
    Mj Milburn
    • Thanks! Yes, mesh panels with black covers.  I like the mesh/covers - a lot easier to move and cleaner than metal grate. 

• Suzanne, where ever did you find mesh panels in black? Did you create the black covers yourself or is there a vendor out there carrying these? I love the look!
        • I bought them used. They are from Flourish.

• Thanks for the input! We set the booth up again in the front yard using the black walls. (my neighbors are beginning to wonder about me)  Added a few more pieces. Tried to open the view up a little.

As far as a common theme/cohesive body of work, I put together these two possibilities.  Top four are soft and dreamy. Bottom four are bright and colorful.  Are we totally off-base with the concept, or close on either one?

981298790?profile=RESIZE_480x480

981300166?profile=RESIZE_480x480

Thanks!!!!

Suzanne

This reply was deleted.