I'm begging at this point for someone to give me some direction as to how to figure out a step in my wordpress site. As I posted earlier my web designer has disappeared leaving me with no-one to ask. Larry Berman was kind enough to try and figure out my dilemma but it seems my guy had his own wacko way of setting things up that is unknown to anyone else! That means my website is virtually useless to me now. If anyone if familiar with wordpress or knows how I can get help PLEASE contact me. This was a big hit in my budget to do this and I'm sick knowing it may all be a waste. Thanks!
You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!
Sara - I've worked with WP for a long time and would be happy to take a look at this for you. It seems like it should be pretty easy to straighten out and you shouldn't have to pay anyone.. Unfortunately, I'm really jammed up for the next couple of weeks. If Camryn can help you now, that would be great. If not and you have the patience, I'll take a look in two weeks. Just let me know.
Bill, When you have some time I will gladly take any help you can give! I've spent a lot of brain cells trying to deal with someone from Fivver who was from India and it was a disaster!
thanks Bill! Camryn is going to give it a try but I will definitely let you know if I still need help!
I want to be helpful, but similar to Bill, I only have so much time. In fact, I *should* be in the studio now, but procrastinating ...
Did you try any of the steps I laid out already?
I've had really good luck with Upwork. As Scott mentioned post your job and you'll get plenty of quotes - just look at the freelancers feedback to pick a decent one. I've had all kinds of work done from various freelancers on the site - everything from business card design to my website (www.lehays.com). For my website I think I ended up paying around $500.00. I picked a designer from the US - I had quotes from other countries that were less - but didn't want to deal with potential language barriers. Hope this helps!
Thanks Robert. I don't know that it's worth hiring a freelancer for this one question. I certainly don't want to start completely over for one step. I'm hoping to find someone who knows right of the bat what I'm missing.
If you do get stuck you can hire the freelancers by the hour - I'm sure your question wouldn't cost much.
The other option may be YouTube - they have a ton of videos on creating/modifying WordPress sites.
Best of luck!
Can you share the directions you were given and I can see if I can grasp what is meant?
Here are the directions. Go to projects page, highlight short link, edit, copy, go to pages, click on garments, edit, go to url link , edit, paste. Seems straight forward but something is missing because it doesn't work!
It's hard 'cuz I can't see what you see, so let's elaborate:
1. on the web, go to the live page called projects. (Do you know what he means?)
2. highlight the link and copy it. (Don't know why he has "edit" there, do you?)
3. go to pages ... probably the "pages" list in your wordpress site.
4. click on garments ... probably "garments" is the name of the page you want to change.
5. Again, "edit?" not sure what he wants there. I assume he means you have to click something to say you are going to edit the page, not just view it, so look for a little pencil shape in wordpress if you don't see the actual word "edit."
6. He wants you to paste the URL that you copied earlier ... I just don't know where you want it. You have to highlight SOMETHING (A photo, A word, A page name?) and then click the small "link" button. A dialogue box should open, and say something like "where do you want the link to point" or have an open line where you insert the URL (web address) you copied earlier. Paste in the box.
7. Preview your page and see if the link does what you want it to do.
8. If looks correct, "save" and "publish." Or just publish if that's the choice offered.