Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals
Los Altos Rotary Art in the Park has moved their dates to August 29-30.
We've postponed the Kensington Art Fair until October 3-4. Artists may stay involved, received full refunds, or apply their rents to another Integrity Shows event. www.Integrityshows.com
Our Stony Creek Art Fair will be "Pay What You Can" for rent this year. It's July 25-26 in the northern suburbs of Detroit. www.stonycreekartfair.com
And here goes the Three Rivers Arts Festival in Pittsburgh, leaving the streets and going online: https://www.post-gazette.com/ae/art-architecture/2020/04/14/covid-1...
I got this today:
Oh no, so sad ... The Central Pennsylvania Festival of Arts in State College, PA, has just cancelled its July 8-12 event.
This is the first time in its 54-year history that the Festival will not take place in July. Festival staff will turn its attention to presenting artists and musicians in a “virtual festival” in early July. As any events for the “virtual festival” are scheduled, they will be listed on the Festival’s website.
The West Shore Art Fair, Ludington, MI, slated for July 4-5 has been canceled.
The executive committee of the Ludington Area Center for the Arts (LACA), the local nonprofit organization that organizes the WSAF, did not take this decision lightly, according to a press release. The WSAF is a major fundraiser for the art center which a volunteer organization that strives to engage, inspire and strengthen the community through arts advocacy.
Today I received emails from Talbot Street, Indianapolis, that the show is being cancelled this year. Refunds are being sent out.
Crosby Gardens, Toledo, OH, announced their date, one week after Talbot, is being cancelled, with possibility of rescheduling to an indoor venue on October 7-8 depending on artist participation. The Friday evening part would be dropped with set up on Friday. Otherwise refunds will be issued.
I still haven't heard from Boston Mills yet, but they're sitting on the fence with full refunds if cancelled.
An update from Madison, Wisconsin, perhaps a glimmer of good news:
"I am writing in hopes that this message finds you and your loved ones healthy and well. I want to provide you with several updates regarding the 2020 Art Fair on the Square. Undoubtedly, we have a ways to go before we are certain about being able to safely gather in light of the pandemic. The Madison Museum of Contemporary Art (MMoCA) is still closely monitoring CDC recommendations, and following orders from local and state government. That being said, we are moving forward with planning the Art Fair in hopes that we can host the event on July 11 and 12 as scheduled."
So, with any luck, the Madison show will be on. And I'll be there if it is.
So good of Madison to keep you up to date. It helps a lot. Thanks for this, Mark.
From Pacific Fine Arts
Dear Los Altos Arts & Wine Festival Artisan,
The Los Altos Village Association board has officially rescheduled the 2020 event dates to September 26 & 27 due to what officials are projecting COIVD-19 restrictions to be through July. The board carefully considered all potential scenarios and other scheduled area events and found this decision and particular weekend to be the best available with the information currently available. From their Executive Director’s notice to us: “…While we are all working to plan for a flawless event, the ongoing COVID-19 crisis could have an impact on our ability to present the festival. Should there be any public health declaration that prevents the festival from being held on September 26-27, 2020, [we] will inform [you] of the cancellation at least one month prior to the event date, if not sooner…It is our sincerest hope we can present a safe and healthy event this year."
EVENT HOURS HAVE CHANGED to 10am-5pm, both Saturday and Sunday, in the hopes that the earlier closing time on Sunday will allow our Jewish patrons and artisans time to return home to begin Yom Kippur celebrations. If you’d need to leave earlier Sunday evening and would like your space placed near as possible to a barricade location for carting out, let us know ASAP. We cannot guarantee where that space will be but will do our best to help.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL to let us know you’ve received this message and also if you CAN or CANNOT make this new event date.
SPACE FEES will continue to be held until we’re certain the event is a "GO.” We intend to notify participants by email with at least a week’s notice prior to the new deposit date to give you time to cancel, if you need to, without cancellation fees.
We are navigating this unusual year as best as we can, with everyone's safety and income opportunities uppermost in our minds as we work with event hosts. We appreciate your patience and understanding. If we can do something in a different way that would be helpful to you, please speak up by email to email@example.com. We will take your suggestions into consideration and act on them if we’re able.
Our best wishes to you all—be safe, stay well and courageous and continue to take care of one another!
Dana and Troy Hale-Mounier, Directors
Pacific Fine Arts Festivals
PO Box 280 Pine Grove, Ca 95665
Thanks for posting, Jeff. Good for them. They "get it." Best wishes to all involved. And thank you for keeping the West Coast on our radar.