On my radar:

Me, I'll be attending one of the best events that takes place in Michigan (Midwest, perhaps) all year, the amazing ArtPrize in Grand Rapids. Each fall artists from all over the world display their work in throughout GR for 19 days to compete for $500,000 in cash prizes.

If you are anywhere near and have the time this is an exciting community wide event that fills the downtown, so much interesting art to see, food to eat, people to meet.

Join me there: ArtPrize.org

And you? What's up, guys? How's your rehabbing coming, Greg?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Madison, Indiana, Chatauqua of the Arts. First time I've tried this show, didn't do well today. Beautiful small river town on the banks of the Ohio River. Crossing my fingers for a decent Sunday.

• It is somewhat of a "crafty crowd", Robert, but enough folks who have moved away who come home for the event. Hope they found you!

Here is an article about it: http://www.wdrb.com/story/33183845/chautauqua-festival-of-art-draws...

• It was an intetrsting crowd mix, mostly tourist on Saturday and more locals on Sunday. We were on Vaughn, facing the river, and had some good shade from large tall trees. Further up the hill, it was hotter than blazes. Saturday's sales were miserable, selling three flip bin pieces. Sunday started off slow, but I sold three canvases and a bunch of flip bin stuff by the end of the day. I'm starting to see a trend with people buying multiple small pieces for groupings. They may be "smalls" but they add when two and three at a time are purchased.

• Yes, it all counts, even the small stuff.  All of my stuff is small!  LOL

• Staying home and working all weekend on glazing pottery. For next show in October at Waterford, VA.

• There is a music fest going on downtown today and tomorrow.  They have a few art and craft booths set up.  I will probably take a break this afternoon and go walk it.  I don't do this show because it's still so hot.  I don't do hot.  Also this year we are waiting on replacing our tent.  I have one or more friends who will be there and I want to see what they have been working on.

• Detroit Knitting and Crochet Club from 1 to 3 and then Funky Ferndale Art Fair...the weather is sublime!  Have a great show everyone!!

• This is my 1st year at Plaza after a very HOT set up this evening was crowded. Praying for a good show and weather

• I remember setting up in the heat of the day at the Plaza. They wouldn't let vehicles drive in that year and we were pushing hand trucks up and down the hill to Nichols. I also remember the very handsome well built artists pushing them. As a non-artist friend of mine once mentioned, "there are a lot of good looking men in this business." Hope your total outcome was just what you hoped for, Kendra.

Here is the only article I found about the show. Really? the flash mob from the animal folks?  https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=http://www.kshb.c...

• It was a fantastic show. I overheated Friday during set up and paid the price but I survuved. Taking the slow road home.

This reply was deleted.