I do believe a bunch of you are going to be on the Gulf Coast in Florida. Right? There are no beaches like those. Wish I was joining you there. 

Looking at the calendar Florida shows are busting out all over that state and I'm sure a bunch of you will be in attendance.

What else? a sweet boutique show in Elmhurst, IL, a Sugarloaf show in PA, a new "biggie" one in San Diego put on by the Artexpo folks. 

The season is slowing down for the fine arts, but I know all you entrepreneurial folks are out there planning your next move. What is it?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Getting more off season stuff done. Got the new set of pegboard sheets for the "museum booth" cut yesterday and painted light grey today. Pegboard is used because of the weight of the leather goods.  Making progress on trick saddle going to Australia and got another high dollar restoration job in from NM.  That makes two heirloom saddle this week.

DSCN0057.JPG

DSCN0054.JPG

DSCN0055.JPG

• So, Richard, you get these restoration jobs how? From shows? reputation? word of mouth? good "google juice"?

• Most come from ad in National Bit Spur and Saddles Collectors Assoc. Directory, followed by reputation and word of mouth among collectors, webpage, and show contacts about "grandad's old saddle etc.". It's interesting work and continuing education for me on what these old guys were thinking. 

• And how could I forget -- one of the very best shows in the business rolls out today, The Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show. New to this business? Want to see the very best in American craft, do visit their site: pmacraftshow.org

There is a very good interview with Nancy Mara, the craft show manager, that can give you even more background on how and why a fine museum hosts a show. It is at the link below.

Here's a story about the show: http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/11/05/four-day-craft-show-and...

This reply was deleted.