OMG! I just heard there was 11 inches of snow in Alabama. What will be happening in Florida this weekend? Galoshes and mittens and scarves at Gasparilla in Tampa? The last time we did Gasparilla it was chilly. My husband asked me to go to the nearby hotel gift shop to see if they had gloves for sale. What was he thinking? Do they even sell gloves in south Florida?

Are you out and about and ready to make some money? 

My plan -- my annual outing to Kalamazoo for the Garage Sale Art Fair. I know a lot of people who read this will be there and so many of my old friends. Doesn't that photo just make you want to attend?

What about you?

(I want to hear from Richard Sherer -- snowed under?)

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was waitlisted for Garage Sale and it was a blessing in disguise, as I have bronchitis that just won’t quit. I  have never really had it before. There is no way I could have hauled a dolly. My husband had major surgery and the aftercare kept me up nights. The lack of sleep meant a minor cold went to my lungs and became entrenched. My cough makes the cat run from the room! But, my husband has been home a month and now knows what I do all day. That I start working on applications in my pajamas while the coffee is brewing.

• Looks like I'm staying home. I'm #1 on the Garage Sale wait list but it doesn't look like there are any more cancellations or least ways with enough time to toss a suitcase in the van and make the 3 1/2 hours drive with enough time to set up.

Just got my rejection from Krasl and the scores were an eye opener and not in a good way. One of the jurors pointed out it was nice work but I was in a competitive category. The obvious answer is that the body of work I submitted isn't going to cut it. Time to ramp up the new work and get a booth full of it for a new jury set and booth shot. Time to stay off the Internet and do some serious work.
    • Robert, was it juror # 3? I had one comment, and that was it! ;)

• It was juror #3: my scores were 3-2-2-2-3. That juror was the only one who left comments for me. 

• I had no comments - My scores - 7-3-5-2-3.  I did not get in either.  I wish I has something to compare it to.  I like the way Des Moines does their jury results.  Very thorough.

• Since I got my camera in I'll add to what I am doing this weekend .... I'll start working on learning my camera!  We got an Olympus E-510 with 2 lenses.  Not sure about anything else on it.  I am expecting my light box in any day, any moment really.  I am so excited!

As a side note, dd has taken photos off and on with her phone.  Usually sunsets, full moon, etc.  She is starting to have quite an eye for it and has gotten quite a few compliments on her shots.  I know it is a phone camera and not the same as using a slr or anything.  However, since she is showing some interest dh and I are going to see if there are any photography classes around here and see if she wants to take one.  If she does, we will help with the cost of the first one.  My proud mama part of me is already seeing her with a booth showing/selling her photography!  Dh says one step at a time, that if she wants to sell any she could put a few in our booth.  When I get on a bandwagon.... oh yikes!  LOL 

• Not on city streets, in a park.  It is one of those you can park right behind your booth.  Great Friday night party after set up.  Not big money, but enjoyable.  It's a fall-back when not juried into Gasparilla.

• Just found this cool story about Tampa's Gasparilla taking place this weekend:

http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-do/visualarts/gasparilla-festival...

• From what I hear, Gasparilla is getting tons of rain right now, or at least earlier today.

• Lake Wales, FL.  Possibility of rain.

This reply was deleted.