I'm getting ready for my first little one day art show at my church this Saturday, 4/29/17. It's a precursor to my summer 2-3 day summer shows in Colorado resort areas. Last year we had snow as you can see in the photo. BAHHH! The same 8-12", and 34 degrees is forecast for this weekend.  A slower or faster moving storm could me a cloudy 50 degree day.  Such is life in Colorado. The shaved ice guy says he will still be there again, LOL.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm not going to write a review this year as nuts and bolts were same as previous year's reviewed and it is not described to attract artists outside the area. I do it to support my church and I did achieve the goal of seeing what I have to do with my inventory before the summer resort area shows begin. I don't know how I screw up my computerized inventory tracking showing stuff that's not there and not showing stuff I have plenty in stock ( maybe its my data entry LOL). Anyways, It started snowing Friday night and it is still snowing Saturday night. The roads were not that bad, but attendance was down as were my sales. I still made money, but far from my minimum. The weather people made this storm sound like an apocalypse, which probably kept people home. I bought a nice hand made Noah's Ark quilt for my granddaughter and Jean got some home plate Rockies tickets for an August game in the silent auction.

• We're seeing colder temps this year 400 miles north of you, Richard. I got out and turned over a larger garden plot a few days ago, planted a little, then took a look at the weather forecast and reshelved my hoe. We're not expecting snow accumulation, but lows will be in upper 20's. So I'll wait another week to see what happens. I'll go get some art ready, instead.

Just received INVITE to exhibit in Estes Park for September 16-17 show. They had written in their prospectus that notice would take place on Sunday the 23rd, but it happened in the wee hours of the morning today. Show's the same weekend as that Cherry Arts at Stanley in Denver, but CAS app deadline isn't until tomorrow. I thought if Estes didn't INVITE, I would apply to CAS despite my growling and grumbling over the $600 booth fee. I do like indoor shows, though. And I do like Denver. My hotel costs would cut in half in Denver. Estes allows repros, CAS doesn't. Uhhh, we'll probably be seeing you at Estes, Richard. WOOHOO! 

• Barrie, that's a later show than the Labor Day one I do. We are down to 3-5" forecast now. Weather people do get carried away. The bad ones are when they forecast 1" and we get 12" which shuts down everything. I will have to bring plants and seedlings in from pergola/hot house/outdoor bench the rest of this week. Dropping down to 20's overnight and 30's in day for rest of week. I'm getting gardens tilled too. I put down newspaper in old furrows, then a thick layer of horse manure (trades with clients). Very little of the paper survived - earth worms like it. I won't plant outside until after Memorial Day.

• Richard, I was wondering this a few hours ago when I searched for something else and found you talking about doing the show in Estes on Labor Day. I wanted to apply for the Labor Day show. Dammit. I have been waitlisted for the Memorial Day show, but it doesn't specify that it's sponsored by the Rotary. It's part of the Museum. This other show we've been invited to do is with the Fine Art Guild of the Rockies.

So Estes has three shows? I'm not sure I'm very excited to learn of this news, Richard. Where in the world was the application for the Labor Day show? I never found it on zapp. I remember finally getting in touch with someone last year about these shows and then I didn't apply. I dunno what to do. I was entering the show based upon your recommendation. So again, where's the application for Estes Labor Day? It might be too late, but I want to know where to apply.

EDIT: I found your post where you mention that the Labor Day show application is on their website. AAARGH! They might still accept an application, but the show might also be full. AAAARGH! The website is estesparkartsandcrafts.com.

• Don't fret the second September show in Estes. I have heard it is as good as the others. The Rotary (Labor Day Show) starts accepting apps in December, so heads up for next year. I have my booth assignment for Labor Day. 

• I don' know, Richard. It hardly seems it will happen. The lilacs are blooming here in southern Michigan, a month early!! Sometimes they don't bloom until Memorial Day weekend. I do like that slushy truck though .. we need more art fair vehicles that look like that. At least it isn't a long drive for you. Right? But am I seeing cars in the parking lot despite the weather?

• It was still a good show last year and I think my sales were around $500 for 6 hours. Our concern this year is that the snow will start Friday making roads dangerous for families with kids scheduled to perform during the show. Weather people can be way off this far out, and they do like to get excited about the prospect of a big one coming LOL.

This reply was deleted.