Art Market of Estes Park, CO, 2017

This is just a heads up for out-of-state artists who may be attending this show.  US HWY 34 from Loveland to Estes Park is closed for construction in Big Thompson Canyon.  The alternate route from I-25 and the Front Range is US HWY 36 from Longmont north through Lyons.  There is an alternate route over County and back country dirt roads from Loveland to US HWY 34 via Pole Hill Road along the North Fork of the Little Thompson River.  It comes up on GPS maps, but it is complicated and not worth the risk of a wrong turn. Don’t take it unless you know the route.

I read an article in today’s Denver Post  that Lyons was bracing for the increase in summer traffic.  One of my grandsons is graduating high school on Saturday during the show, and Jean was thinking of going to Ft. Collins by taking US 34 to Loveland and then north on I-25. NOPE!, She will have to go back through Lyons and Longmont,  then go north on I-25.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We are on the waitlist for this one (we've been invited to Evergreen in August, though). I'm keeping our reservation at the $750 (YIKES!) for 5 nights hotel in Estes Park for now. Would love to get an invite to the show. I sent a reminder to them last week and might do it again this week and next week. I might even call someone if I can find a number to call.

Thanks for the news about Hwy 34. We'll be coming from the north if they invite us, and we were planning to drive to Loveland and then Hwy 34 to Estes, naturally. The route through Lyons will add an hour to the trip.

• You can always take the "scenic route" over Trail Ridge Road from Granby to the west, LOL if it is open. I think it was during last year's show that it was still snowed in.

This reply was deleted.