Now the season will really start getting crowded, artists across the country reveling in the great May weather. I hope to be in Detroit to attend Art Birmingham, in Shain Park, a place where we have hauled away a good stash of cash over the years.

What else is happening? 

The really biggie is in Greenville, SC, Artisphere. And what about Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia? Bethesda Fine Arts Festival, Art and Air in Webster Groves ... tell me, what's happening with you?

Here's some info about Art and Air: http://interact.stltoday.com/pr/arts-entertainment/PR050614120616952

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We left Franktown around 1:00pm and are now sitting in Edwards rest area at 4:45pm. I-70W has been closed because a motorist shot a State Trooper and suspect was killed at Dotsero. We decided to sit it out rather than go halfway (no kidding) to New Mexico or Wyoming to get around the closure. The dogs thought they might get to go LOL fat chance. The computer tells me I have 1007 belts on the truck. Wish I had more than two billfolds but that is the way it goes for the "Man With 1000 Belts". About 600 go one the booth walls and about 400 are reserve under the tables. Set up in Grand Jct. isnt until tomorrow and we are staying with kids and grand kids Tonight.

image.jpg

• Here is one we haven't talked about, but reported widely in the early days of this site: http://www.callnewspapers.com/Articles-Our-Town-i-2014-05-07-272621...

Anyone going to be in St. Louis for Laumeier? 

• Still in the throes of moving from south-central Michigan to south-east Michigan to be closer to family and friends...wish I could fast forward myself to already being there and not have to go through the packing and moving nightmare that is now my life...wish I had time to attend some Art Fairs but maybe once I get settled Connie can hook me up to work the Arts, Beats and Eats Festival...

• doing the last quality art show in Florida, Mayfaire aka bake by the lake.

• Getting ready for Ann Arbor

• I'll be in Tupelo, MS, for the Gumtree Festival art fair. I'm staying with relatives for a week so it's sort of an excuse to do a show that's too far to do normally. I have the canvas prints ready after years of doing paper and framed pieces. Here's hoping it works. There is high % for rain the entire weekend :-(
  • El Dorado Hills (CA) Art and Wine Affaire!!  Loving this May weather here in the Sacramento area, not missing those rainy outdoor shows in Seattle at all this spring.

• I will be at the Crozet Arts and Crafts show.

• I stopped doing the big expensive shows. I am doing small, more local shows to save on expenses and from May 2-17, I am doing a different kind of open studio. I signed on for a two week shopping tour covering hidden places (best kept secrets) all across the county that I live in. It is a big county and shoppers would never be able to cover it all in a day. There are 28 businesses of mixed breed (antiques, food, bank barns,furniture,and artisans) There is a county wide artist studio tour another weekend in May, but I thought I would give this a try instead for several reasons. 1. I am not competing with 76 other artists.(There are 3 of us on this tour)  2. Tourgoers buy tickets. 3. It's a SHOPPING tour :0) 4. I am getting 2 weeks of visitors instead of one weekend for less money.~ It's starting out slow, but I have had visitors to my studio every day but yesterday. So, I'll have to see how the rest goes. At a minimum, I get to hang in my studio and have people come to me! Now that's nice...

• This sounds like fun...hope you do well and enjoy yourself, be sure to report back.

This reply was deleted.