Well, we're pretty happy here in Michigan to start the outdoor art fair season in one of Detroit's most popular historic parks, the Palmer Park Art Fair, run by AFI member, Mark Loeb. 

Here's more info: http://www.wxyz.com/about-us/as-seen-on/the-palmer-park-art-fair-returns-this-weekend-to-kick-off-a-spring-and-summer-of-family-fun

I believe some of our members will be happy in Rockville, MD, at ART-S. Hope it is a great show. 

Chicago's outdoor art fair season kicks off in Elmhurst, IL. I know definitely some of you will be there.

What else am I missing? 

Me, lots of family visiting ... sunshine and daffodils also ;)

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• From last weekend, this very cool story in the San Francisco Examiner about the guerilla gallery in a San Francisco parking lot, a reaction by artists rounded up online to protest the fancy "gallery" happenings in town. Lots of creativity and ideas for a "pop up" art fair ... looking for new ideas for an event? This might fuel your interests:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Art-Put-up-a-parking-lot-and-fil...

• Lots of things came together over the weekend. I got two gardens ready to plant before the rains started. I gave a presentation at church for May food drive for local food bank. I live in Douglas, County, CO, ranked #9 wealthiest in US but hunger is an issue for over 12,000 out of about 300,000 population, plus people that fall through the public assistance cracks.

My art show schedule is set for the summer: May-Estes Park, CO, June-Castle Rock, CO, July- Jackson, WY, August-Golden, CO and September- Estes-Park, CO. I withdrew from Steamboat Springs as it conflicted with Jackson. I wasn't invited by Crested Butte, but no tears on that one as I pumped a lot of tax revenue into the town for 9 years. I won't apply there again until management changes ( I didn't really want to do it but there are several 14teeners we haven't climbed on the way home down there).

I was waitlisted for Vail, but withdrew because of the backlog of saddle orders which are guaranteed income (writing orders for 2017 now).  In the studio it is the same routine of restoration saddles, new saddles, special orders, art show inventory  and lots of strap work. One of my apprentices is back from buying a horse back east - YEA. Finances are a mess until the shows start or I finish some saddles - tax whack, Jean's cataract surgeries not covered by Medicare and show/housing expenses. Housing was a whack this year as now they want 100% instead of 50% down and 50% 30 days prior. Guess everyones hurting.

• But isn't it great that you have these multiple streams of income coming in? Plus lots of meaningful work. I am not going to worry about you, Richard! Thanks for continuing to post. 

I had a couple of grandsons here this weekend, one of them so focused on becoming a musician that he is skin and bones with circles under his eyes, working, working, working on his music. I told him a little about balance, maybe scheduling breaks, which will revivify his thought processes. Your schedule may be hectic, but how well balanced ...

• okay, major detour from picking up dfil.  Dh ended up in the ER Thursday night/Friday morning.  He had a blockage and they put in a stent yesterday afternoon.  Got home today and thank God for housekeepers and grocery stores!

• Hope your father-in-law gets to visit you soon, Cindy, and best wishes to your husband! What a surprise that had to have been, but those stents do amazing things. 

My once a month housekeeper retired last month, what will I do? We have a big old house that we bought to house our business that was spread out over five rooms ... I can't clean this house ;(

• Hire another housekeeper?  Seriously, since you are so busy it is an investment in your business to have a housekeeper.

Thanks in regards to dh.  Dfil will get here soon enough.  I just don't have it in me to make the trip up there and back.  It's 5.5 hours one way.  I am hoping dsil will bring him down this weekend.

• I will be at Palmer, second year for me, looking forward to it very much. The patrons were amazing last year, so kind and so appreciative that we were there. Forecast looks lovely!
    • Wish I could come, Jill, meet you and support this show. Not happening this year. The weather looks perfect, I hope everyone is excited to come to the Park this weekend and revitalize this old event that was brought back last year by Mark Loeb.

• I would love to meet you too, Connie. I have received a wealth of helpful information from your websites. Maybe i will see you in Bham, Lansing, Royal Oak or Kzoo in the next few weeks. Enjoy your weekend!
        • Steve & I will be going to Elmhurst this weekend~wish it wasn't the same week-end as Marks Palmer, but it is!  Detroits' shows have been good for us, but this one is closer, & we are not doing any shows before our show that we are directing at the Old Orchard Center, Skokie, IL.~May 30-31.)  We will enjoy meeting the Artists here~maybe if someone is lucky, we may find one or two to join us at our Westfield Old Orchard.  We are only looking for something really unique, or that we don't have to "balance our Artists".  We are really pleased with the ones we have, but we still enjoy seeing what is out there! Thats' where we are going Connie!

This reply was deleted.