Big weekend in Art Fair Land! Hope you're at a great show or at the very least enjoying the rewards of your last foray into the field.

Here's what I know: 

A bunch of you will be in Toldeo: Crosby Festival of the Arts marks 50th anniversary

http://www.toledoblade.com/Art/2015/06/21/Crosby-Festival-of-the-Arts-marks-50th-anniversary.html

The highest rated show this weekend is the Des Moines Art Festival (Barry Bernstein if you don't write a review of your trip there you'll be in deep doo-doo the next time we meet). 

Des Moines:

Also in Des Moines is "The Other Show" at the fairgrounds. Some of you will be there. Please report in.

Highland Park, IL. Highland Park Art Center's Festival of Fine Art :

http://dailynorthshore.com/2015/06/23/highland-park-art-fair-returns/

A very big deal in the West - Utah Arts Festival:

http://www.heraldextra.com/entertainment/arts-and-theatre/theatre/four-day-utah-arts-festival-brings-eclectic-art-forms-to/article_f68c7aa3-0a30-5517-8319-a0810fc3112d.html

Norwalk, CT - Norwalk Art Festival:

This article says they are doubling the size of the show. Hope it works well for them.

http://www.thehour.com/arts__life/organizer-sue-brown-gordon-talks-third-norwalk-art-festival/article_5364453c-a4f1-558c-ac0b-2fb2b3ee5c81.html

How about you?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Artigras! In New Buffalo, MI
  • I am working to build up a box inventory for upcoming shows

1844.02.jpg?width=400

1842.06.jpg?width=400

• This weekend I am trying a small but beautiful one- Charlevoix Summer Solstice- right on a lovely harbor in a charming town. I am currently sifting through my web obligations by the light of our campfire. Show by day, fishing with darling husband in the evening. I love 15 dollar a night lodging! Two tent set-up is a bitch but the ambience is amazing. A quick ferry ride in the morning will put me on my way to a tidy profit- i hope. The weather here is phenomenal: no wind, no rain, lots of sunshine. A nice change from too many of my recent shows. I am also trying out some new 2-D painted porcelain scrolls. We shall see... Good luck to all this weekend!
    • Jill
      How was Charlevoux last year? Thinking of doing both their summer shows, mainly to visit the area
    • Love, love, love Charlevoix. Hope it was a money maker for you, Jill.

• I'll be at Crosby Gardens, booth 4 as you go in. I got lucky and got a space under the trees, figuring it would be hot like last year. Nope, I show up about 3 hours late and missed a heavy downpour. It looks like rain for the weekend :-(

Set-up is today and Friday, so I went for the early schedule and don't have to rush tomorrow. The booth, panels, and six lights are set up so the only thing to do tomorrow is hang prints and be ready by 4:00 for the preview showing.

• Robert I hope the downpour did not leave the grounds too wet for y'all.  Best wishes and happy selling!

• The show was closed for the day at noon. It has been raining non-stop and wind has been blowing. Mist and spray were coming into the front of the tent and I had a couple of clear shower curtains for that eventuality. The front edges were blowing around so I added a couple of poles and clamped everything down. I took the shot here at shut down so the front tarp is hanging down. It worked okay after I set the poles into the ground so they weren't moved by the wind. The opening is about 30 inches so anyone walking in has to fold their umbrella. The pole in the middle of the awning makes the water drain off continually instead of collecting about a gallon and then dumping it on someone ;-)301672211?profile=RESIZE_480x480

image.jpg

• You were definitely ready for the rain Robert. I know you have to be glad about having the waterproof vinyl top for your tent also. Hope we all have some rain-free shows going forward...

• Hunkering down totally makes sense. Be there, just in case someone comes by (maybe another artist for a lengthy chat) or in case the wind changes direction and you need to grab something. Yes, this looks like you were ready. 

This reply was deleted.