High time for shows here in the northern part of the country again -- hope the rains stay away. Will you be attending:

Manayunk Art Festival in Philly? http://www.montgomerynews.com/articles/2015/06/15/roxborough_review/news/doc557f929916008517868495.txt

Summerfest in Logan Utah?

Geneva Art Fair in Geneva, IL: http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/batavia-geneva-st-charles/community/chi-ugc-article-14th-annual-geneva-arts-fair-to-take-place-ju-2015-06-17-story.html

A real biggie -- wish I could be there: Lakefront Art Festival in Milwaukee: http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/festivals/lakefront-festival-of-art-puts-artworks-within-reach-b99518432z1-308030971.html

RoseSquared show in Montclair, NJ

Me? Big doings in my small town, our annual Strawberry Fest which brings all kinds of fine art/fine craft/loving hands goods to our streets. I'll be setting up my former art fair booth early on Saturday to host the county Democratic party's annual meet the public at this show. 

Let's hear what everyone is doing. It is always so interesting to me to hear from you and learn of all varied enterprises.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Summerfest . I have done the show since 2012.  Wonderful town location right down town. Unload and load out help excellent. Friendly  artists,  great publication ,reasonable booth fees,  a/c break area beautiful setting. Long history of sucess, excellent staff and volunteerers ,artist parking even for trailers. Not returning, why??? The  show is Thursday  through Saturday.  All day setup Wed. No customers or shall I say people who can spend money on Thurs and Friday afternoon. This is not just my experience talked with many other artists along with observing the BIH Factor (Bags In Hand) other than food and drink less than 1 per 100 non childern. This show needs to be just two days and realize that big attendance doesn't mean big sales. Culturly there is only one person per family that controls the spending in 85 % of the attendees and he comes on Friday evening or Saturday . If you are willing to deal with this environment then Summerfest is for you.  Show this year had several no shows and the number of booths has decreased steadily.  Love the area ,but more a county fair buying attendence.

• Frye Ball, Ephraim, Door County, WI. Hoping rain stays to the south, but any events along western side of Lake Michigan weather is certainly a toss up. So am glad to have my light dome now...certainly more solid than my old pop up style.
  • We are at Edmonds art festival in Washington state. First time at this show but looks like a great weekend.

• Sweltering at Virginia Beach
  • I am in my barn doing some marathon workshop sessions to build up inventory. I'm glad I have a window A/C in my barn because it is 99 degrees outside if my thermometer is correct (and it sure feels like it is correct each time I go outside)

• Cantigny Art In Bloom, Wheaton IL. Hope the weather holds.

• I am half way through my 6-show schedule for this summer, and we are off until we leave for Jackson, WY July 7.  The gardens are planted but some need replanting due to seeds rotting during the long rains. My goal is to get two white and one black trick saddles done before Jackson, and get my inventory built up: belts, canteens, napkin rings, holsters, dog tack, suspenders and some odds and ends.  I plan to enjoy the next couple weeks with wine coolers or Mexican beer on the patio before of after the afternoon thunderstorm. My fathers day gift for myself is an 1830's Huber screwdriver found on eBay. Huber was one of the early makers of leather tools in Newark, NJ. 

• We will go see my dad on Sunday afternoon, for Father's Day.

Other than that I'll be working on last minute stuff for the Louisiana Peach Festival Arts and Crafts Show.  They promo'd me on their FB page.  Here's a link ... https://www.facebook.com/LaPeachFestArtsAndCraftsShow?fref=ts  BTW we will be in the juried show indoors.  It is much too hot to be out on the street right now here in Louisiana.

I desperately need to get a few things photographed for Etsy before boxing it up for the show so I may become intimate friends with my "camera booth"!  I am working on trying to configure a space in my studio to leave it set up semi-permanently.  So far I have not come up with a solution short of rearranging some furniture/storage.  However I don't see that happening till after the show.

This reply was deleted.