Not much going on, is there? Easter weekend slows down our business. The only one on my radar is the Indian Wells Art Festival outside of Palm Springs in CA. I attended this a few years ago and saw a bunch of people from around the country, including Sally Bright, Amos Amit and Sandhi Schimmel Gold. 

How about you? 

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had a very busy week and weekend divided between church and the studio. I finished and boxed up the 1860’s Hope saddle from Texas. I also finished up restoration work on a 1916 Military Packer saddle. I have an order for a pair of white trick rider stirrups so I decided to just do all the stirrups for the other three saddles under construction. They are all padded which is something I created for the riders after seeing a lot of bruised arches on Facebook. The long white straps are stirrup leathers for two saddles. Two apprentices will be in Monday and I had to get work set up for them. My first show is a little one day event at church at the end of April. It gives me a chance to get inventory out of storage, before the season starts at the end of May.

301672592?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024301672814?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024301672843?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Those are beautiful, as works of art. I would think working with leather would be very soothing. Hope the interns learn quickly and enable you to get even MORE saddles made.

• One of my apprentices did the braided rawhide horn and swell patches on the antique 1920's-1930's swastika saddle. Swastikas were Indian good luck symbols adopted by cowboys. Much of this gear was destroyed during WWII making it rare and collectable today.

301673059?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

301673797?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Getting ready for next weekend at Queeny Park in St. Louis. Trying something new with printing on real watercolor paper and tearing ragged bevel edges afterwards, then matting with a shadow box style where the paper is mounted on a floater behind so it "hangs" in mid air with the front matte about an inch away from the ragged edges of the paper.

• Sounds intriguing. Going to show us a picture or just tease us, Robert? Have you done Queeny Park before?

Hope you are well and the winter's big project came out well for you.

• My plan was to get errands done Friday as usual.  Then spend Saturday working on replenishing stock.  Today would be church as usual.  No little ones here for Easter egg hunts.  Then I wanted to spend the afternoon working on stock again while laundry cycles complete.

Well, my plans were different that what God planned for us this weekend.  My dad fell and had to go to the hospital.  Fortunately nothing was broken.  He was sent home after a clean CT scan.  However he has been in pain.  He was sent home with pain prescription and a muscle relaxer.  He would get relaxed enough to go to sleep.  I stayed with him Friday night, not much sleep trying to listen for him.  My nephew stayed with him last night.  However he felt he was not getting any better so he went in the hospital today.  We went back over to check on him as soon as we could get away, about 11:00.  My dad lives about 40 minutes from us so there has been lots of running up and down the road.  My brother cooked out and offered for us to eat at his house.

I am tired of the running and sort of brain dead at this point.  When we got back about 3:30 I had my cup of coffee and a cinnamon roll.  So now I have laundry running and catching up on email.  Dh has been very supportive and has run around with me, as has dd.  Yesterday after dh and dd picked me up dd and I ran the errands we were supposed to do Friday.  We were exhausted last night, all of us.

As for replenishing stock, none done yet.  My plan is to work on it tomorrow, if I don't have to go check on my dad.  In fact, if I don't have to go I plan on staying home all day and getting things done here.

• Hope your dad is doing much better, Cindy. How dare life get in the way of out best laid plans? Wonderful though that you have family near to help with all of the obligations and stand by with your father. 

• Connie,

He ended up admitting to the hospital.  Fortunately no bones are broken or chipped.  I laid eyeballs on dad and grandma today.  (93 yo Grandma got 3 stitches to the base of her left thumb last Thursday after trying to cut up an apple!)  Both were as good as could be expected.  Dad will go to inpatient phys. rehab due to living alone.  Not sure after that.  Thanks for your concern.

• A lot of nothin', as much as I can.  First weekend off since before Christmas.  I've been working half days most of the week in the studio, getting stuff printed for my trip to GA next week and Virginia shows in May. This is also a prime week to go out and photograph birds; they look beautiful in their breeding plumages this time of year down here.  Plus, there's this basketball tournament everyone keeps talking about. . .

• Well, my team didn't make it and thank goodness I never filled out a bracket this year. How did yours do? But we're pretty proud of Wisconsin -- who would have expected that?

I'm enjoying seeing the birds home from the South and the songs in the morning would almost have you believe it is Spring. 

This reply was deleted.