I am considering this show and only saw one review, I would like a show mid December here in FL and this is the only one that I can find, can anyone let me know if there is another and also if they have any feedback on this one? I see that there are quite a few on New Year's weekend, any feedback on those? I am a FL. potter who has just gotten back into the show scene and would love any guidance on which FL shows might be a good idea or which ones to cross off the list.  As a potter I can only participate in about one show each month. Thank you all in advance. Jackie

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I too was looking at this show.  This show has a rolling jury and at this late date I wondered if it was full.  I emailed Mr. Frutko and he did reply but didn't answer all of my questions.  (Is this a red flag?) I looked at his www.eventsstpete.org website and there was no mention of this show. Geoff, I'm confused too! I live and hour and a half away, so it is borderline for driving home each night.  It goes till 6 both Friday and Sat night.  It is probably dark by then.  Is this show replacing the Artscape show or is that going on too?

• Hi Jacquelyn.  You didn't see a review of this show because it's a first-year show.  The promoter of this show, David Frutko,  put on a show in November 2011 called St. Pete ArtScape.  Here's a review of that from Maria Reyes, and another one from me.  Nels Johnson wrote some good commentary too but I can't find it on the site, though I'm sure it's here. 

This year's show is being moved a number of blocks west to the same locale as the extremely well-known April show, Mainsail. The promoter, David Frutko, is a gallery owner in St. Pete and promoted both last year's show (in partnership with Artscape, which is more or less a national promotion company) and this one.

David's promotion organization is called eventsstpete.org.  And yet, when you check the site, you see it hasn't been updated since the 2011 show.  Overall, I'm more than a bit confused by the changes, and equally wary of participating this year.  If I lived close to St. Pete, I might give it a shot, but I live closer to Ft. Myers, so to me it's not worth an investment of booth fee + hotel + meals.  If it flies this year, I might consider it in 2013. 

Other shows:  It's possible that Winterfest in Holmes Beach is still accepting apps (second week in Dec., I believe). Functional art does pretty well there and it's a nice group of people who run it.  I can't vouch for sales results personally, it's been pretty run of the mill for me. But there isn't, as you noted, a lot of other options this time of year.  Google "Winterfest Holmes Beach" and you should be able to find the information.

• Connie & Geoff, thanks for getting back to me. It seems this show is moving back to the Robarts Arena, booths inside and out. I'm still on the fence, as Geoff mentioned it would be an out of town show for us with those added expenses. I did see the participation artists listed and they look very good, so I will have to make a decision soon. I have a small show the beginning of Dec. locally, Cocoa Village,  and then nothing until January. I do see that there are a couple of shows New Year's weekend, does the public actually buy right after Christmas? Thanks Jackie

• Here's the best I can do for you, Jackie: http://www.sarasotacraftshow.com/ November 29-December 1. My sources are giving me nothing else until St. Augustine late in December: http://www.holidayartshows.com/

This reply was deleted.