Hi friends! I am still in search of a quality August 2014 in the Midwest. Any suggestions?

In the past I have participated in Bucktown Arts Festival in Chicago and the Midsummer Festival of the Arts in Kohler, Wi. Both were very disappointing. Anything out there I'm missing? I've done some research into the Evanston Lakeshore Art Festival, Milwaukee Domes, and the Midwest Salute to the Arts in Fairview Heights, IL.....I'm a little at a loss. I'm interested in any and all suggestions. I live in Southern Illinois and will travel anywhere Midwest, including Kentucky and Tennessee.

Thanks in advance!

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• and I just added a bunch more to callsforartists.com -- in the region you are looking for.

• Hi Jennifer, have not done these but in doing my research for shows to apply to these are supposed to be good and deadlines still open.

Event

City

Dates

Deadline

Powderhorn Art Fair

Minneapolis, MN

8/2 - 8/3

3/20

Lakeshore Arts Festival

Evanston, IL

8/3 - 8/4

4/1

Morning Glory

Milwaukee, WI

8/9 - 8/10

3/17

American Craft Exposition

Evanston, IL

8/22 - 8/25

3/01

Arts, Beats, & Eats

Royal Oak, MI

8/29 - 9/01

3/31

• Visit this link: www.callsforartists.com, one of our sites.

In addition -- We never did lots of shows in August -- too many people on vacation, but (depending on how far you want to travel) have you considered the Old Town Art Fair or Loring Park Art Fair in Minneapolis (first weekend of the month)? Charlevoix Waterfront Art Fair -- way up in Michigan and the weekend before the Sutton's Bay Art Fair nearby. The American Craft Expo in Evanston is very fine, end of August. Chesterton, IN, late August.

This reply was deleted.