Business goals for 2010

Hey all! I am all for looking to 2010! Out of curiosity what business goals do you all have for 2010? For me, getting insurance (until now I was relying on my homeowners insurance which does cover some business stuff, but not too much else, and was able to get by) is a biggie. I am also aiming to do more renaissance festivals than art fairs (although I will still do a few in between) and transitioning to hiring some extra help to assist with sales at the ren-fests - this will be a new step to explore with my business. I have a few new products I am working on incorporating into my lines, so creatively I can't wait. As for the rest, I will be on here asking for advice and ideas... What are your goals for 2010?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Getting organized is also a biggie. I finally got about 90% of my workshop cleaned up and organized. Finding homes for items I received and were half put away is a big deal. I eliminated 4 shipping boxes - room for more "art show" totes which house inventory. With a little more time I will be able to catch up on my finances and look more at my sales records (comparing it to my expense sheets) and really get some important research done too...
  • I will be eliminating items that either sell poorly or which I hate to make, and focusing my work a bit more. I have kept track of how many of each type of item sold for the past two years, so one of my biggest goals this year is to plan ahead! I am getting a head-start on producing inventory for the year (well, the spring, at least!) and more importantly, I am regularly making some of the "support" items that I need throughout the year, namely earwires and earring cards. Last year I sold over 500 pairs of earrings; no wonder I kept running out of those things!!

I will also be more aggressively marketing my work on Facebook and etsy. I am actively working on a coherent marketing plan right now.
  • To get and then to stay more organized. Had some stretch of time being sick and it all went downhill from there. Last week of the year will be sorting papers. I already started.
This reply was deleted.