I have no idea myself -- there is not U of Michigan football game, so what is a person to do?

There are some great shows around the country, but what comes first to mind is the Historic Shaw neighborhood show in St. Louis, Pyramid Hill near Cincinnati, Riverfront in Columbus, OH, the Peoria Art Guild Show in Peoria, IL, Armonk in Armonk, NY, and the eagerly awaited inaugural Cotton South in Madison, GA.

Show organizer, Tim Reilly has been on this site for a year and a half gathering ideas on "how to make artists happy" -- is this a possibility? Best wishes to him and everyone associated with this new show.

If you are at all near Grand Rapids don't miss ArtPrize -- an exciting event that brings hordes of people to downtown GR to talk about art.

Has it stopped raining in Colorado?

What about you?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm playing student at the local university doing glaze tests.

• I thought you were at Peoria .. 

Getting your new work together? I'm looking forward to the great unveiling.

• Apparently, I am not good enough to get into Peoria. I did have a lot of friends at the show, however, and we do keep up on FB, in real time. So, I know some of what was going on. As far as new work goes, I am in the "creating a new pallet of glazes" stage. I have no idea what the work will look like. I can do a lot more with cone 6 clay and glazes than I can with Raku. I may even make some functional things, like mugs and bread bowls. I spent 2 weeks making functional work about 25 years ago and I still have people asking me on occasion when I am going to do more. As far as the unveiling, I've applied to spring shows with Raku and may show up with completely different work. We'll see how that goes over. I wonder if the directors will notice. 

I plan on writing about my experience at college. It's been strange, to say the least. College students think the universe revolves around them, especially the ones about to graduate with their bfa's. I can't wait to see the look on their faces when they get into the real world.

Contrary to what certain people think, the only reason why I didn't do AB and E was because I got into Long's Park. I would not have been happy when they gave out the Best in Show award. Thankfully, I didn't have to be there to witness that. Curiously there was no reaction to my Peoria post on Saturday. On other art fair artists sites it was a major topic of conversation and celebration. It seems, it isn't only the potters that think something was not right about those people.

• I, of course, noticed the reference and went forth to investigate further to see if this was fact or fiction. I've heard this about him sort of in the background for some time but don't know what people are seeing that validates that is buy/sell. I do know that two of the judges spend part of their year in central America and know a lot about pottery (he used to be a curator at the DIA) and they were very impressed with the quality of the work.

• AB&E ??? What does that stand for? I'm curious about the Best Of Show award.

• I think it's Arts Beats and Eats or something like that. Another show back east that everybody thinks everybody else who is anybody knows all about.
            • LOL -- so right, Richard! Yes, Arts, Beats & Eats, Genmarie, in Royal Oak, MI -- a BIG festival, lots of music, food and a small-ish art fair - hundreds of thousands of people. Just about the best attended festival in Michigan. Fun for attendees and good sales for some. Not for the faint of heart. If you want long hours, big crowds, great potential, etc., well-run and well advertised this is the one for you.

• I'm printing and cutting mats for next weekend. And being very thankful that I did not end up making the journey to Corvallis, Oregon for this weekend. Seems they've had enough rain to turn their park to mud and are closing the show tonight after one day.

• Here's an article about Armonk, certainly one of the finest art fairs on the East Coast: http://pelham.dailyvoice.com/events/nationally-renowned-armonk-art-...

• Building a little inventory for the Ocean View Art Show in 2 weeks.  Finishing up the photos I took on Assateague Island last weekend.  Finishing the name badges and booth signs for the Ocean View show. 

Also visiting the artists at the Neptune Festival show on Saturday. 

This reply was deleted.