BIG weekend for excellent art fairs coming up. On my radar:

Also, Rose Squared show in Upper Montclair, NJ; Artsfest in Solomons, MD (I know that one has followers on this site); Mill Valley (CA) Fine Art Festival ...

I'm attending a little show nearby, Art-A-Licious in Adrian, MI and bet I'll see some familiar faces.

What about you?

Btw, I love hearing about everyone's weekend plans. Sharing the info with each other lets us meet new friends.

AND if you are doing a show this weekend -- PLEASE post it on our Facebook page, read by MANY! Right here: https://www.facebook.com/artfairs

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'll be at Tennessee Craft Fair (formerly TACA) September 26 - 28, Centennial Park in Nashville Tennessee.  I'd love some feedback on this show from some of you who have done it.  I'll be in Booth B59

• Displaying at Mosaics in St. Charles, MO - my hometown. Always a good show for me. 110 artists located on historic Main Street.

• Should be beautiful weather, Hal. There is nothing like the September shows when the weather is working for us. Nice to sleep in your own bed, right?

• I am doing a one day festival in Worcester, MA on Sunday: "StART on the Street". It's a mish-mash of DIY, art, craft, performers, cultural, etc. They say it's juried but it appears to be pretty loose. It has to be...booth spaces are handed out as you come into the staging area (still in your vehicle) then you are placed into another line, with typically long waits, to unload. There are tons of volunteers to help but if you get a "later" set-up/staging time, you have very little time to play with. No one really cares about that...people will buy as you are unwrapping/uncrating work. The show gets 50,000+ in attendance and it's just plain fun.

This may be my fourth time there and I always have a great show...better than many two-day shows.

• There is a real hunger for these relaxed fun events, witness the huge success of the Renegade craft shows. Sounds like fun for you -- not far from home, right?

• A nice drive but still a couple of hours away (eastward). I like that you said "relaxed"...it's true. We artists tend to go into high gear up for shows but in an event such as this, the pressure is less and it's nice to have a few of these "easy" gigs throughout the year. I also exhibit at several SoWa shows (abbreviation for South of Washington) in Boston. These are very casual one day events (SoWa Sundays) that are similar to the Renegade brand. You never know what you are going to get (both in terms of public and sales) but it is in a very trendy, upscale, arty, touristed-area and anything can happen!

For anyone who is interested in SoWa: www.newenglandopenmarkets.com

• I will be celebrating my 71st with Jean on Friday. She is fixing shrimp scampi and an apple pie with vanilla ice cream. I'm working on gun belts, billfolds and custom card/ passport cases from summer show special orders. Also working on restoring an 1860's Messing saddle made in California. Interesting stuff as ones like this are some of the earliest western style saddles made by Anglos. I treated my self to a massage this week for my tired neck and shoulders. Soooooooo nice.
    • Hey, they're serving shrimp scampi at the Elks here tonight too. I'll toast you with it. 

Did it snow last weekend?

• I'm heading to Leesburg, VA for a Paragon show.
    • This is usually a good one for you, isn't it, Alison?

This reply was deleted.