On my radar:

• Funky Ferndale Art Fair  - Detroit Area
  • Chicago - find some sweet shows at the Lakeview East Festival and ARTumn in Deer Park
  • one of the Howard Alan flagships -- Alexandria, VA
  • I'll bet it will be lovely in Piedmont Park at the Atlanta Festival of the Arts

What am I missing? I'm needing an art fair fix. Am I going to be reduced to finally updating my websites and finish the videos I took in Chicago at the Old Town Art Fair in June and the rest of the Ann Arbor stuff from July, let alone the Zapp conference and report on Portland's Art in the Pearl?

(The good news is I just trained someone to keep the ArtShowReviews.com site updated!! again, so your show reviews should start appearing again.)

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No shows this weekend but I worked a little in my studio yesterday.  Will probably get some time in later.  I need to make some LSU coasters.  I need a couple sets for a customer and three sets to fill out my stock for upcoming shows.

Show start in two weeks.  I'll do 3 weekends in a row, 1 weekend off, then 3 more weekends ina row.  Here is what is coming up .....

Sept. 27-28, Mandeville Arts & Crafts,  Mandeville, LA

Oct. 4, Shadows on the Teche, New Iberia, LA

Oct. 11-12, Slidell Newcomers, Slidell, LA

Oct. 25-26, Poche, Convent, LA

Oct. 18-19 --- OFF, Recuperate/Replenish/Restock

Nov. 1, Southdown, Houma, LA

Nov. 8, Thibodeauxville, Thibodaux, LA

I have one weekend off right in the middle.  I have that weekend as recuperate, restock, replenish.  In reality I'll have to work on replenishing and restockng each week.  However if sales are swift, as I hope they are, that break right in the middle could be just what I need to really get caught up.

For most of our shows they are close enough that we can avoid lodging expense.  That always helps the profit margin.

If any of you are in our area and want to know more about these shows, I am happy to help.  Just msg. me.

• Funky Ferndale and a free booth!

• Alexandria where Staci and I will be celebrating 28 years of wedded bliss.
    • Best ever for me.
      • Congrats. We were close to best but didn't quite make it. Sorry we couldn't get down to see you. We were at the opposite end of the show.
    • Hope you and Staci have a great show and at least 28 more years of good times together.

• The show was incredible. Continuous buying energy with no time to visit other AFI folks. If it hadn't rained for several hours yesterday, it would have been a best ever. Kudos to HAE. The anniversary was pretty cool too!
        • You're the second one to tell me this, Bill. Hope someone will write a review. Why is this show so good? Is it Alexandria? 

• I've read about this and demographics play a big role. But Howard Alan must also be doing something just right there. WOOHOO!

• HAE knows how to get people to shows. This city has the right demos and people who know quality and are willing to pay.
This reply was deleted.