Holiday weekends traditionally are not big weekends for art fairs. On my radar:

Maybe you're not doing an art fair at all. What's up, folks? and how did your June shows do for you?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 301662509?profile=originalApplying traditional gesso to a frame, preparing it for gilding later today. WOOHOO!

• Cherry Creek Arts Festival in Denver. Beautiful morning so far, but we've been having those afternoon showers, so cross your fingers!

• Hi, Camryn. I just viewed your profile and discovered you've exhibited at cons? Maybe Milehicon? We've been there several times and also at Denvention 3 in 2008. We travel to Florida during October and into November and thus can't participate in Milehicon right now. Anyway, we had a blast there! Oh, we also did World Horror Con at Denver in 2001 I think. WOOHOO!

• How cool is that, Camryn? I know the crowds are out in full force on the first day at CC. Hope the pesky rains stayed away and you had a banner sales day.

I remember the artists standing outside of the hotel after the show and watching the fireworks over the Rockies. Nice.

• Staying at home and getting ready for my big two July shows... Art in the Park and the Ann Arbor Summer Art Fair because I was waitlisted for West Shore Art Fair in Ludington (which I did last year) but was never called up... I still don't know why I was accepted into Art in the Park and the Ann Arbor Summer Art Fair but not West Shore in Ludington...

• Art in the Park is "juried by check", I believe, Scott. It does get huge crowds though and I believe you can sleep at home. Always a bonus. 

• In SW Fla, pickings are slim...well, really nonexistent! However, Englewood (which hosts the killer Rotary show in March) has a Fourth of July community celebration from 10a to 11p (I can start packing up at 7--and I will).  For only $75 and an 80 minute drive, I get a booth space, so no reason to stay home.  Last year I did nearly $1K here, and I've got a couple of clients from the spring show that live there year round and are coming by. 
    So ya never know!

At worst it will be a continuation of my annual "Clear the Nest" sale, which I can promote more directly (with SALE signs) than I can at a regular art show.  I mark scratch-n-dent and dead inventory down to near-pocket change level, put those items in a separate bin, then put out a few regular items. 

I'm off the rest of the month so it would be nice to have a decent showing.  But it's going to be HOT--low 90s. 

• Hoping you have put another $1K in your pocket by now, Geoff. Then you'll be back to painting your place?

• Reupholstering the front bench seat in my '88 Suburban and getting more orders from art shows done. Back on the road next week.
    • Getting the hoses straightened out in the garden. I was told I need to fertilize and reupholstering is a winter thing around here. But then, I've never reupholstered the seats in a car.

This reply was deleted.