I give. I have nothing to do. Do you?

Are you doing the really big show in Bellevue, WA?

or trying Amy Amdur's new Great Midwest Art Fest in Minnesota? or the PA Guild of Craftsmen show in Delaware? or how about Art on the Rocks in very cool Marquette, MI?

There are a lot of smaller shows -- where will you be?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ken and I both participated in Erin's Geneva Fine Arts Festival in Geneva, Illinois. It was a fabulous show, as always; Saturday especially.

• Good news. I keep hearing "under the radar" reports on this show. Thanks for checking in, Diana. I always love to hear from you.

• Wanting to be more involved... time is the issue LOL! The only bad thing that happened over the weekend is that I lost a glass tower to a really strong wind gust. It was tempered glass; so no one was hurt and the jewelry was fine. But I couldn't believe how much glass litter there was to clean up. OMG.

• Geneva, Illinois - an Erin Melloy show.  It was great last year and I'm looking forward to it!  I'll be in "block 2" right in front of the Gratto restaurant.

• I've always heard good things about this show, Amy. 

I just found this article online about the show for those of you who want to know more: http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/2014/07/24/geneva-arts-fair-features...

• You could come see it!  I still haven't met you ...

• A good idea. Looks like that won't happen this time. 

The weather forecast for last weekend showed rain both days. It never rained. How about where you were?

• I'm off from shows until Golden, CO August 16-17. I am under the gun to finish this saddle by Monday for client returning to the Netherlands then another one going to Canada by end of month. Next week we are taking a load of hygiene kits for migrant farm workers to Alamosa, CO (church project). We are combining that with an overnight camping trip with the dogs at Great Sand Dunes National Park near Alamosa. Then it will be back to work on special order holsters, belts, etc. from past shows. 

301660689?profile=RESIZE_320x320

DSCN0067.JPG

• You work a lot and always have interesting projects going on. Do you do all this leather working yourself or do you have an apprentice?

• I have 3 apprentices who have day jobs and are 40-60 year olds who just want to learn more. They do not work on my art work, but do some of the repair and antique restoration work. I help them with their personal projects and they give me equal time. Oscar is from Guatemala and he builds Guatemalan style saddles in the winter which he takes back down there to sell.  Kevin is a high-end cabinet maker who does repair work for a riding troop in Denver.  Larry is a nurse, ex-United pilot, ex-SW Indian jewelry business, ex-goldsmith in Cherry Creek, ex-silversmith teacher. He is getting geared up to resume building saddles and doing metal work. Kids are in late high school and college now.  It's Mexican corridos in the studio, burritos for lunch and maybe a Pacifico on the patio, but we get a lot done. Oscar helps us with our Spanish.   

This reply was deleted.