'Tis the big weekend in Michigan. (Sorry to be so region-centric, but can hardly help myself here.) The Ann Arbor Art Fairs are starting on Wednesday and I know a lot of you are on the road right now for set up tomorrow. Last year's show was impacted by literally "the hottest day of the summer" and Detroit's declaring bankruptcy on the opening day of the show. Talk about a double whammy!

I'll be there on Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday with Anne Schroeder in booth 266 on Liberty and on Thursday with Ronna Katz in booth 311 in the Street Fair, the original. Anne and Ronna "won" me in the Pledge Drive. Come and find me and/or send me your booth # so I can meet you.

Here's a great story from the Free Press for the curious: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014307130046

Anything else happening?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Winter Park, Colorado opening with a bang! Open an hour and I've done some Christmas shopping out of the profits.

image.jpg

• Yes, Christmas shopping all year! Just sent out a birthday gift to California that I acquired at a show several months ago. 

Isn't Winter Park a ski resort? what happens there in the non-winter time?

• Winter Park is a winter ski resort. During the summer there is fishing the Frazer River, hiking cycling, mountain biking (extreme stuff), boating on lakes north of here, 4-wheeling and etc.  It is also a larger tourist center than Granby which is the west entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. The jazz festivsl thios weekend also draws a lot of people from Denver. 

• Winter park with Richard and Susan from southwest group. Weather is perfect
    • Hello to everyone at Winter Park. Perfect weather here too. Hoping to hear about some perfect shows!

• Hey all. I'm in Ann Arbor, the original. So far, 28 long hours into the show everyone I've talked to is wondering when folks will be allowed to start buying! Highlight so far has been running into Connie at the terrific Jamacan jerk pit restaurant. Got to believe things will pick up. Best weather ever anywhere!!!
    • Day 3 of AA continues to be beautiful. Hope the Jamaican food and meeting me will not be the highlight of the show ;) Hey, anyone reading this who is in AA - don't miss the Jamaican food on Thayer just west of N. University, handy for anyone in the Original show, on N. University and maybe some of you folks on State St. 

• Westport CT Booth#28 looking forward to a better weather this year!!!
    • That makes 3 of you! Love to see a photo of the McLauchlans, Carol Shannon and you Luisa posted here. Do a selfie.

• This weekend, well ...

I applied to six shows this year and got into five. The other one flat-out DENIED my beautiful and charming art (said with a knowing wink) and a rather rude juror comment. THAT show is this very weekend, a weekend when I have nothing else booked.

So, when I'm not in the studio getting ready for my first August show, I may just drive 45 minutes to this show to see what type of art they liked better'n my fabulous stuff! :-)  

Hey, maybe I'll get enlightened yet.

This reply was deleted.