Shopping, shopping -- big weekend. Are you participating in any shows?

My list is short:

• Sugarloaf Craft Show in Chantilly, VA
  • Holiday Fair in Ypsilanti, MI, The Guild of Artists - 

On Saturday and Sunday, The Guild of Artists & Artisans and Ypsi Real will present the Holiday Art Fair, a show and sale of works by more than 100 jury-selected artists. Also, there will be a holiday luminary art activity for kids and live entertainment. Saturday from 10 a.m.-6 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m.-5 p.m., at EMU Convocation Center, 799 N. Hewitt in Ypsilanti. Admission costs $5 (kids age 12 & under, free).

• Vero Beach, FL - Winter In The Park Fine Art & Craft Show. Is this show run by the same people who do Art under the Oaks?

I'm heading out to hike and meet friends in a lovely state park in Indiana.

What about you?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Connie, No to the Under the Oaks show in Vero Beach, FL. It is run by some commercial promoter.

The real Under the Oaks in Vero Beach is always in the second weekend in March (March 11,12,13 2016) and is organized by the Vero Beach Art Club. Contact: info@verobeachartclub.org

It is a great show, run solely by club volunteers, ample RV parking, drive up to booth space and easy set up. Can be a bit dusty (the oaks!). over 80 000 visitors.

• Well, I'm working at Rust Belt Market (Artists) all day Friday and then serving appetizers at the Susanne Hillberry Art Gallery on Saturday.  They're having a Memorial Soiree with many notable artists flying in from NYC and elsewhere...should be an interesting crowd.  Susanne passed away a couple of months ago and this will be a tribute to her and all she's done for the art community in this area.

• Rust Belt sales picking up for the holidays, Tina?

OMG! How cool is that? She really did make a difference in the Detroit area and was part of the scene for a long time. How did it happen that you got involved with that?

• Yes, Rust Belt sales are picking up but the rent is so high, it might just be a wash.  The Susanne Hilberry fete was extraordinary and we had a blast hob-nobbing with the artistic glitterati...would do it again in a heartbeat and we may be tapped to do just that.  Who knew that in addition to moving to a great new neighborhood, we'd also be moving in right next door to a career opportunity...life is good.

• How wonderful for you, Tina. Such a change from living here. So happy for you both. I would have worked that fete for the experience and the meet ups!

• The catering business next door, that Dick is working for, asked us both to help out with this one.  Should be a pretty cool crowd and an interesting experience...looking forward to it.

• I am doing the Baton Rouge Arts Market this Saturday. Its only a 40 minute drive from my house...convenient and fun

• Indoors? You seem to have a nice batch of "markets" and guild shows, Greg. I nice mixup with the bigger ones, surely one of the cool things about this business, the variety of events. 

Has this show been around for awhile?

• Researching shows for the Spring and Summer 2016. Looking to give up a couple and add a couple to next years schedule. 

• Don't forget, Rich, about our site callsforartists.com, with some biggies and some smaller ones, a nice mix around the country. Just added this week the North Shore Art League's event in Winnetka, maybe a really nice market for you.

This reply was deleted.